World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the police are too busy with budget cuts,and hiding behind lampposts with speed guns raising revenue for the chief's new range rover.. and the rest are out looking for jihad i's,
the councils are cutting budgets and making you pay to use the loo and then can't even effectively police dog bans on beaches [ who has ever seen a dog walker getting a ticket for letting bonzo drop a brown derby on a banned beach...
I suppose as usual they're just relying as usual on us to do as we're told, I once caught a fluked salmon spinning off the rocks at st ives and a local saw me and said it was illegal but then said whatever I do.. grill it, don't fry it.. he was right too!!
but if it all goes pear shaped
[top tip] keep a sachet of tomato ketchup or mustard and an alka seltzer in your fishing vest so if getting in an awkward moment with the authorities, pop the seltzer under yer tongue and have a squirt of the ketchup and they'll soon leave you alone when you start coughing up frothy red stuff at them, but save the mustard sachet only if they grab hold of you.... works a treat;)

G

·
Well, it's not a police matter. Or the Local Authorities (Councils). It will be the IFCAs (In England).
not sure who they are , but i can tell you what they will look like. they will be wearing £1000 quid waders, a £500 quid wading jacket, £300 quid polaroid sunglasses carrying a £1000 lure rod with a reel of similar value attached. will be a bit of plastic costing around 30 quid on the end of braid made from the pubic hair of a white rhino as well.

accent will vary from area to area, but generally plum in the mouth will cover it. by the start of june they will be covered in bruises and possibly limping ! (i hope i do not need to add a sarc tag :D)
cheers rab

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
I think we have to police our selfs
So if u take a bass slap yourselfs

Reactions: minstrelblue

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
For us it's fisheries officers and police but its members of the public that normally notify them when and where illegals are operating. Some forms of illegal fishing hold $5000 rewards for information leading to convictions.

Remember there are a lot of people who disagree with the sport of fishing, onec you've been reported even if not caught there and then you are on the fisheries radar.

With most people carrying a decent camera phone the risk of getting reported is quite high. First offence is normally fines here with the second all the gear you have with you for fitted to the state, including the vehicle you used to get there and even your boat if fishing from one. This all ends crushed and is not covered by insurance.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Have just looked at the Gov.uk website and as it stands at the moment as far as I can see we are still bound by the 3 bag a day limit!
Here is a link to the latest info on the website: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...r-bass-in-2016 (as you'll note "Until the new regulation is published the existing measures in Council Regulation (EU) 2015/104 will continue to remain in force."). I believe 2015/104 refers to the 3 bag per day limit.

Cheers

Nick

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Are people really stupid enough to believe that either BASS or the AT will be managing this?

I take it TAT is the usual childish reference to the Angling Trust.
Excuse me but weren't the AT the ones who had voluntary bailiffs doing the rounds and wouldn't they love to get on this....the image of AT bailiffs cruising the coastline for bass misdemeanours. ?...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have just looked at the Gov.uk website and as it stands at the moment as far as I can see we are still bound by the 3 bag a day limit!
Here is a link to the latest info on the website: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...r-bass-in-2016 (as you'll note "Until the new regulation is published the existing measures in Council Regulation (EU) 2015/104 will continue to remain in force."). I believe 2015/104 refers to the 3 bag per day limit.

Cheers

Nick
That is correct I whent into The fisheries office in Poole Dorset
and three officers said"still the same rules as 2015 three bag limit we won't Nick you YET!!!.

G

·
The fat lady hasn't sang yet either. Last minute representations and appeals etc.
They could well look at that new MLS and stagger it over a couple of years.

G

·
The fat lady hasn't sang yet either. Last minute representations and appeals etc.
They could well look at that new MLS and stagger it over a couple of years.
It is the EU, they may well compromise and agree to one and a half fish, you know what committees are like.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts