World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st cast for a bass in Irish waters after returning home bang 3lber off the top

followed by a smaller one on the Zonk gifted to me by Mark333 which came off as I attempted to haul it up a steep incline. Thats the 2nd time that has happened on that lure. I think I need to change the hooks.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Well done 'BoS'...nice pic...
Irish bass fishing...legendary when I was a kid...reading in the AT about Clive Gammon's trips to Stradbally and Inch....fishing with a 'Kevin Linnane',I think.... (apols if thats wrong).....inspired me to bait fish light on surf beaches (ABU 5000 reel and salmon rods)...that was the first step towards lures proper...hardly ever bait a hook these days!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Well done 'BoS'...nice pic...
Irish bass fishing...legendary when I was a kid...reading in the AT about Clive Gammon's trips to Stradbally and Inch....fishing with a 'Kevin Linnane',I think.... (apols if thats wrong).....inspired me to bait fish light on surf beaches (ABU 5000 reel and salmon rods)...that was the first step towards lures proper...hardly ever bait a hook these days!
going to ireland myself on the 26th,and really looking forward to lure fishing,i have to disagree fella,i have had bass on both methods,and nothing compares with fishing a big surf in the dark,and hooking a big bass,wondering how cunning these fish are by using the surf to escape being beached,i have hooked bass i never even seen in massive surf!! nothing beats that ever??regards,,oly..:whistling:whistling:fish:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
going to ireland myself on the 26th,and really looking forward to lure fishing,i have to disagree fella,i have had bass on both methods,and nothing compares with fishing a big surf in the dark,and hooking a big bass,wondering how cunning these fish are by using the surf to escape being beached,i have hooked bass i never even seen in massive surf!! nothing beats that ever??regards,,oly..:whistling:whistling:fish:
Nothing to disagree with mate...I agree with you absolutely that a big bass after dark in surf on bait is brilliant...my pb bass is one such fish.
I was just stating that my move to fishing bait lighter in the surf (inspired by what I read C.G. was doing in Ireland) was a step towards lures... and now for me short quick lure seshes, on my doorstep, suit me better.
(But I still enjoy reading and applaud what the bait fishing anglers achieve off Chesil and other local venures)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.