World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with Andy (Bakesy) last night somewhere within 10 miles of pevensey, oh ok... near to white horses... more info? ok, just to the left of the sailing club :whistling

anyways, wanting to prove the doubter wrong, we arrived about 9.30pm, armed with peelers, live prawn, fresh wrapped and salted / oiled lug, oh, and squid.

My first cast had a few knocks and after i got bored watching them i decided to bring it in, 'ping' went the leader knot with no real pressure on it :wallbash:

set up the rod again and sent out another rig, 3 hook flapper with the bottom snood extended so a live pran could drop in a d-vice, sent it out. when i pulled it back in half our later, and with a couple of lb of weed on the line, i had two hounds, one a pup of 9" and another sub 2lb i guess. bit of a suprprise really as the hounds don't normally show til high / ebb, this year hasn't been good for decent hounds at the bay but, i will endeavour!

anyways, plenty of fish caught, 6 species between the two of us i think, a couple of keepers for Bakesy but, i'll let Andy tell his side.

for me, 5 or 6 sole, mostly sizable but not what i consider a meal so, they went back, two schoolies 25 and 30cm, 2 baby thornies and the two hounds, can't remember anything else!

not a bad session and, it proves that there are fish to be had! we packed up about 4am i think, i re-tanked the crabs and prawns and then tanked myself for 5hrs!

got a couple of pics, will upload later.

Andy, was a pleasure mate!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Fished with Andy (Bakesy) last night somewhere within 10 miles of pevensey, oh ok... near to white horses... more info? ok, just to the left of the sailing club :whistling

anyways, wanting to prove the doubter wrong, we arrived about 9.30pm, armed with peelers, live prawn, fresh wrapped and salted / oiled lug, oh, and squid.

My first cast had a few knocks and after i got bored watching them i decided to bring it in, 'ping' went the leader knot with no real pressure on it :wallbash:

set up the rod again and sent out another rig, 3 hook flapper with the bottom snood extended so a live pran could drop in a d-vice, sent it out. when i pulled it back in half our later, and with a couple of lb of weed on the line, i had two hounds, one a pup of 9" and another sub 2lb i guess. bit of a suprprise really as the hounds don't normally show til high / ebb, this year hasn't been good for decent hounds at the bay but, i will endeavour!

anyways, plenty of fish caught, 6 species between the two of us i think, a couple of keepers for Bakesy but, i'll let Andy tell his side.

for me, 5 or 6 sole, mostly sizable but not what i consider a meal so, they went back, two schoolies 25 and 30cm, 2 baby thornies and the two hounds, can't remember anything else!

not a bad session and, it proves that there are fish to be had! we packed up about 4am i think, i re-tanked the crabs and prawns and then tanked myself for 5hrs!

got a couple of pics, will upload later.

Andy, was a pleasure mate!
Thoroughly enjoyed it mate..can't say much right now...got permission to go to Selsey tonight..just setting of now!!!
I'll let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've been a doubter, love it there though well done, but I'll blank anywhere and not choosy where. Couple of weeks ago chose there over Seaford and blanked, last night chose Seaford over there blanked. So in the future might be worth contacting me just in case I'm near you, because you might want to get the road blocks out.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Nice fishing Hugh!! First time I have ever heard of a DViced double shot of hounds as well!!
About time we sat on the beach and searched our soles..... Let me know when you got the tides and the time!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Good to see you had a good one hugh things have been a bit slow but it looks like they are picking up have you been up the wood yard lately?

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice fishing Hugh!! First time I have ever heard of a DViced double shot of hounds as well!!
About time we sat on the beach and searched our soles..... Let me know when you got the tides and the time!!
aye, will have to get down there again soo but, prob be after my hol next week now as i have to save my pennies.

Good to see you had a good one hugh things have been a bit slow but it looks like they are picking up have you been up the wood yard lately?
not been to the woodyard for a while Joe, might give it a go when i get back.

Hugh

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
aye, will have to get down there again soo but, prob be after my hol next week now as i have to save my pennies.

not been to the woodyard for a while Joe, might give it a go when i get back.

Hugh
had a match at the woodyard 2 weeks ago and it was won with 2 pout , if i wasyoui would choose the other end of the bay . FRANK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts