World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might sound a strange thing to be happy about but it will keep al them damn holiday makers and jetskiers away from Hutleys Beach, St Osyth :clap3::yeah:
I am aiming to get there before 8am Monday morning, hopefully I will need all my rain gear and umbrella, fishing should be good and no Holiday makers:clap2:
Anyone interested in joining me, see you there, I'm after the bass and there may even be a chance of the odd early stingray:fishing:

Be just my luck that the weather will change and I will be sitting there in glorious sunshine with thousand of kids, swimmers and jetski's all around me:uhuh:

·
Registered
306 Posts
keep saying that i must try over there not about mondayshame will have to do it some time soon.
i fished batemans tower last night and had 2 bass small but nice fish
plus thursday night we had 7 bass between 3 so i hope it go,s well and the holiday makers stay away

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Well, Steve, you got your wish!!
How'd you get on then, you liar?!

Stu

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Might sound a strange thing to be happy about but it will keep al them damn holiday makers and jetskiers away from Hutleys Beach, St Osyth :clap3::yeah:
I am aiming to get there before 8am Monday morning, hopefully I will need all my rain gear and umbrella, fishing should be good and no Holiday makers:clap2:
Anyone interested in joining me, see you there, I'm after the bass and there may even be a chance of the odd early stingray:fishing:

Be just my luck that the weather will change and I will be sitting there in glorious sunshine with thousand of kids, swimmers and jetski's all around me:uhuh:
must get to specsavers could have sworn it said dogging weather :yeah: :roll1::bounce::crazy:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well...... must be bloody mad........... got up at 5am.............I am bloody mad...............was standing on the beach at 7am............... the rain stopped...........set up first rod with running ledger, pennal rig baited with whole squid, set up second rod,, 2 hook flapper Lug on one hook rag on other. sat down under brolly, it had started to rain again. Second rod tip started banging away, leapt up, struck, reeled in tiniest whiting I have ever seen:uhuh:. still bite first cast and technically not blanking. ........ Rain started falling heavier...... and heavier........... and heavier, 3 hours went by, still raining. all of a sudden, while recasting, a ringing sound and vibrating sensation started inside my breast waders, three layers of waterproofs and fleeces down! Set rod back in rest started undressing found mobile phone as it stopped ringing:uhuh:. Looked at display which was announcing the fact that I had missed a call from Urly. Rang Ian back, started having chat about how I was doing, how mad I was and the fact that Ian could,t go down the pub anyway ( needed a good excuse to pack without looking a wimp, damn!). Ribbed Ian about him not working on his boat today ( he's not as mad as me) at that point rod tip came to life and started dancing the rumba, hung up to Urly and reeled in a fine bootlace eel:uhuh:. It stared raining even heavier:uhuh:. 1 hour later and the rod tip started thumping again, this time to my pleasure I reeled in a codling just undersized, things seemed to be looking up:yeah:. That is until it started raining heavier. Then buggered up cast, birdied reel, cracked off ( fealt like Ashley). re set up, rain got heavier carried on for a little while longer, got fed up and packed away.
Getting back to the car I noticed the smell of bacon from the café and as it was now 2 pm and I had had nothing to eat since 6am I wandered into the cafe. After ten minutes of being ignored by the staff I wandered out of the cafe and, starving hungry, headed for home.:uhuh:

Think I shall take up darts again:uhuh:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Lol. Nice report, Issy. Never mind, mate. Better luck next time!

Stu

·
Registered
133 Posts
nice one Steve, been a bit quiet recently but will be breaking out the rods very soon if you fancy a bash at goldhanger ? Tom

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice one Steve, been a bit quiet recently but will be breaking out the rods very soon if you fancy a bash at goldhanger ? Tom
As soon as weather and dodgy feet allow I will be heading down that way, got lots of ideas for that area, hope to get some good bass this year. So yes I really do fancy a bash at Goldhanger, even bought a new bass rod to fish there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts