World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought you would all be pleased to know that Whopper will be back in charge again on the South East Forum from this saturday, 21st April:clap3: .
But dont worry, it is not for long, just while I am away sunning myself in Mexico for 2 weeks:cool: :icecream: .
Any problems, not there will be any, just let him know.
Hopefully I will have a few fishy pics to post when I get back. If I can get online while there I may even post them before.
Terry

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Oh you poor circuit owners, how hard it must be for you, only 2 weeks in Mexico!! ;)

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Atenshuuuun! Right you orrible lot pull up your trousers clean your teeth and catch me a cod, left right left right left right etc etc etc

Im just going to keep an eye on the SE forum while Terry is away, any problems or queries just let me know.

·
The Bean Counter
44,170 Posts
OMG!!! Global mod and local mod as well. What's next, the whole site and then the world????????:unsure: :unsure:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
OMG!!! Global mod and local mod as well. What's next, the whole site and then the world????????:unsure: :unsure:

Whopper sits in a big chair stroking a white long haired cat ....{que demonic laughter}.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I would like to say how glad I am that Whopper is back for a while, the mans timing is perfect, he walked to see us yesterday just as I caught on of the match winning Rockling and saved me walking down the beach to find a Kentish man to sign my form. ----- Mind you Urly had to stop him running away:)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Montezuma's revenge
Meaning
The diarrhea (also spelled diarrhoea) that is suffered by tourists when travelling to foreign parts, in this case Mexico.
Origin
Montezuma was Emperor of Mexico, 1502-20. The sickness, more formally called "traveller's diarrhea", is usually caused by drinking unsterilised water or eating spicy food that visitors aren't accustomed to. It is a bacteriological illness, always uncomfortable, and occasionally serious. Most cases are caused by the enterotoxigenic E. coli bacterium.
The revenge element of the phrase alludes to countries that were previously colonized by stronger countries and are now, in this small way, getting their own back.
Names for it vary depending on the part of the world concerned. These usually have comic names, which reflect the embarrassment felt by the sufferer and the amusement in the lucky non-sufferers. Montezuma's Revenge is also known as the ****** Gallop and the Aztec Two-step.
Those unlucky enough to suffer from it in Asia will hear it called Ghandi's Revenge, Gyppy Tummy, Delhi Belly, the Rangoon Runs, Tokyo Trots etc.

Gyppy Tummy goes back to at least the Second World War, but Montezuma's Revenge isn't particularly old. The earliest citation of it in print is from The Washington Post, January 1960:
"‘Wasn't there anything you didn't like?’ and they admit that, like most Americans, they suffered a three-day gastric upset described by a variety of names, names like the ****** Gallop and Montezuma's Revenge."​

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah Cheers Bigfish! If I get it now just be careful opening any parcels with a Mexico postmark:lmao:

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
I would like to say how glad I am that Whopper is back for a while, the mans timing is perfect, he walked to see us yesterday just as I caught on of the match winning Rockling and saved me walking down the beach to find a Kentish man to sign my form. ----- Mind you Urly had to stop him running away:)

Damn shingle, i couldn't run away quick enough!:schmoll: :)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Have a good holiday terry, hope you get out and bag a few good fish,
have a good one

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Dont have to go on holliday,spent all day in bed yesterday,upset guts,sweating,then freezing cold,feel compleatly naft,cant eat as it just goes back down the loo, sitting here now in jim jams ready to go back to bed,see the vet he says ho ho yep upset tummy,went to uni did that guy to work that one out blinking idiot

1 - 20 of 38 Posts