World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
haven t been out for almost a month so was up for a trip to aberavon last night. fished from about 8.30-11.30 ( lw @9.15) and had the beach to myself despite it being pleasantly mild with a slight south westerly breeze.
fished 2 rods both with rag/squid tip on a single 2/0 and fishing was slow. eventually had a doggie on the closer in rod and then nothing for a while before a decent bite on the further out rod. as the fish come through the shallows i thought it was a codling, but no, it was probably the biggest whiting ive ever caught. id say it wasn t too far off 2lb and after a quick photo off it went.
finished with a normal sized whiting and that was it. nice to be out on the beach but roll on the spring!
cheers
tipper

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Lovely whiting, I'm afraid he would have been filleted, battered, & on my plate with a few crinkle cut chips, I love a nice whiting fillet mmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a 44cm one a few weeks back and never had my scales with me. I found a length to weight converter on angling addicts. The whiting was 1lb 11oz. Pb for me and it did taste good. Nice to see a few big whiting about. Well done.

·
Registered
27,368 Posts
Congratulations Tipper that's a fair sized for one caught locally .

I don't know how big the one I caught from a boat out of Swansea was a couple of years ago , but everyone on board was eying it with big wide open fish dinner eyes.
Brought it home, gutted and washed it , then wrapped it in food wrap , slipped it in the freezer for the couple of day we were going to be away . Came back the whole sodding freezer had died , big pool of stinking fishy water over the garage floor and the only decent whiting I've ever caught .........smelling like a dead fishmonger .

·
Premium Member
10,597 Posts
Congratulations Tipper that's a fair sized for one caught locally .

I don't know how big the one I caught from a boat out of Swansea was a couple of years ago was , but everyone on board was eying it with big wide open fish dinner eyes.
Brought it home, gutted and washed it , then wrapped it in food wrap , slipped it in the freezer for the couple of day we were going to be away . Came back the whole sodding freezer had died , big pool of stinking fishy water over the garage floor and the only decent whiting I've ever caught .........smelling like a dead *********.
Ooops David Did you make a mistake ????

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Nice specimen.

Reactions: tipper100
1 - 20 of 25 Posts