World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading this forum and recent threads there seems to be a fair amount of frustration out there as very few people are catching much around the North West Wales area, Glaslyn, Criccieth, Pwllheli. I've drawn numerous blanks using a variety of rigs and baits (rag, black lug, crab (single running ledger, 2 hook pulley))and I spoken with other fellow anglers who have done very much the same. Last Saturday I witnessed 3 mackerel beached at Criccieth, one fella had a dab and that was all, day and night!!!

Are there any fish around or is this just a common problem. Perhaps the fish have got wise and are seeing us all coming. Who knows what the secret is???:cry:

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Reading this forum and recent threads there seems to be a fair amount of frustration out there as very few people are catching much around the North West Wales area, Glaslyn, Criccieth, Pwllheli. I've drawn numerous blanks using a variety of rigs and baits (rag, black lug, crab (single running ledger, 2 hook pulley))and I spoken with other fellow anglers who have done very much the same. Last Saturday I witnessed 3 mackerel beached at Criccieth, one fella had a dab and that was all, day and night!!!

Are there any fish around or is this just a common problem. Perhaps the fish have got wise and are seeing us all coming. Who knows what the secret is???:cry:
I have come to the conclusion that the storms have something to do with it..... everyone i have spoken to, have said the fishing has been cr%% lately...:wallbash:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello Stan the dog

I fished Criccieth last weekend and only caught one dab, tried it again after dark on Saturday night, caught nothing, another chap was fishing along from me, dont think he caught anything either

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
fish been caught on north shore at nite big baits.shaggy

·
Registered
952 Posts
iv always found it poor around aberdaron at this time of year, i was there the other week n caught a few fish but nothing worth talking about, some big storms would help, but things should pick up from the end of august. no matter how good we think we r if the fish arent there u wont catch em!

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,986 Posts

Fished on the Lleyn many many times this year,mainly early mornings ane late evenings etc and the results have been appaling totally.
I am a lure only angler these days and apart from one evening where I had sandeels and macks right in front of me,the water has seemed clear and sterile of fish life.
I have never seen anything like it:thumbdown

·
Registered
449 Posts
Certainly the worst year I have had so far, Can't remember chucking so much bait into the sea for so little return. I think it is a combination of algae and strange weather patterns. They did warn that global warming would make dryer, milder winters and wetter stormier summers, looks like they had it right after all. Thinking of getting a boat, if the fish won't come to shore, I'm going after them out there!!! I'm seriously thinking of a trip away to the canaries just to make up for the chronic fishing here this summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts