World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are we having to wait this silly amount of time to read the Match Report and Results to say nothing of Raffle Winners and top priority item - How much money was raised for the RNLI?

It the event no longer worthy of reporting?
Is the WSF membership not worthy of respect?
Somehow, I don't think so.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Why are we having to wait this silly amount of time to read the Match Report and Results to say nothing of Raffle Winners and top priority item - How much money was raised for the RNLI?

It the event no longer worthy of reporting?
Is the WSF membership not worthy of respect?
Somehow, I don't think so.
some one is working a b&b on there own thats why i think i did see some results on here will go back and have a nose around and will let you know what post it was on

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's not the point!
Alex posted the Senior and Junior champs on the Sunday (I think) Nothing meaningful since

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
some one is working a b&b on there own thats why i think i did see some results on here will go back and have a nose around and will let you know what post it was on
I know si,s been under pressure
As delthine has gone on her hols
That's maybe why
I know they raised 4000plus so a good day

Reactions: STUART WHITING

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Why Facebook Dan? What's wrong with WSF or have I just answered my own question?
Simon has probably has probably just forgotten to post it on here . What's the big hoo haa anyways. MOUNTAIN OUT OF MOLE HOLL COMES TO MiND . Perhaps try running your own business and keeping people happy . Way to much moaning on here know . Wsf . Ain't what it used to be to many knockers !!! . End off

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Forgotten?
And I have done, big time

·
Registered
808 Posts
should have been cancelled ,un fishable where myself and my son was, broke the top eyes on 2 rods, before we even started, don't mind giving money to rnli but me thinks it shouldn't of gone ahead

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Be fair nickyg, no one made you fish. You picked your venue, saw the conditions and made a judgement.

·
Banned
2,348 Posts
Forgotten?
And I have done, big time
I would say that sometimes running a small business is more personally time consuming than running a big business, less folk to delegate to perhaps?

Running a b&b single handed is probably closer to a 24/7 job than I will ever want to get.

Plus, if the results are easily obtainable from Facebook, why worry if it takes a week or two to repeat them on here?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Lol wsf has been used as a tool to advertise the comp for years and then to put results up on Facebook rather than wsf is a bit of a faupaux in my humble opinion.

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
Results are now up.. Personally I think it was OK to go ahead due to the extended boundary to include Hythe due to the forcast, yes the boards towards Denge was a bit savage however from the point left and the boats back to the RNLI station the water had flattened off with off shore wind, strong wind, but fishable.
It never ceasees to amaze me how generous people are who fish this event, its a hard time to fish battling the British winter weather however it has become the biggest charity fishing match in the country and has raised around £30K in the last 6 years. Your all beautiful people

·
TOPWATER BASS LURE ADDICT
4,877 Posts
Jesus Christ why all the blimmin winging, si's obviously very busy at the moment with his b n b ,
So what if it's a little delayed, a lot of things are delayed in life but just have to get on with it o_O

Keith did you actually fish the match, are you a likely winner in any of the zones, I very much doubt it otherwise you'd said , so why on earth all the rant :rolleyes:

Just out of interest, rastermarlin actually put the report up on a thread anyway.

Stuart

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
should have been cancelled ,un fishable where myself and my son was, broke the top eyes on 2 rods, before we even started, don't mind giving money to rnli but me thinks it shouldn't of gone ahead
At the end of the day YOU KNEW WHAT WAS FORECAST ON THE DAY !! . Boundaries where made bigger to accommodate the weather and the anglers. Simon had made the call on a forcast as he had stated he was going to do so forecast on Thursday was a good one !! . **** happens and we get around these things !!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
:oops:
Results are now up.. Personally I think it was OK to go ahead due to the extended boundary to include Hythe due to the forcast, yes the boards towards Denge was a bit savage however from the point left and the boats back to the RNLI station the water had flattened off with off shore wind, strong wind, but fishable.
It never ceasees to amaze me how generous people are who fish this event, its a hard time to fish battling the British winter weather however it has become the biggest charity fishing match in the country and has raised around £30K in the last 6 years. Your all beautiful people
I agree with Wayne on this, and although some peoples plans may have been scuppered by the weather....there were plenty of 'plan B' options.
At the end of the day a nice amount of money was raised for the RNLI.

The WDC also generates quite a few' extra' benefits too.
There was no doubt a fair amount of 'extra' money made by The Pilot. local bait shops, and local B&B's...a nice little earner.:oops:

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
No I didn't fish it and I would never be in contention if I did. Also see post 13 above that makes the point very precisely.

The results are in and appreciated thanks Loose Goose.

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
Well from my point of view it was a winner. Obviously not ideal Dab conditions but hey ho. Fancied some room so went to Dengemarsh (bad mistake) as it was only fishable
for the first hour and the last hour. 7oz fixed grippers cast to 50yds maximum due to the onshore wind And 6ft high rollers ensured tough fishing conditions.
Oh and then the weed and plastic made the line look like several buntings strung together. Ironically 2 guys from Sheppy who were also at denge stuck it out for 2 hrs
and upped sticks for the more comfortable lifeboat station and had 4 keepers. Colin and I stuck it out at Denge only to catch numerous pins/slugs/ and only 3 flatties
2 keeper Dabs and a decent Flounder. Without doubt returning to the lifeboat station for the raffle and match results was the highlight of the day. Was brilliant to catch up
with many ol friends and make some new ones. Did well on the raffle So all in all a fantastic day.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i think it was a good match i agree with the cod father only thing which would of been nice is more of a placeing on yhe juinors list as my son trying to work out positionapart from that excellent day cant wait for next years

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.