World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that a few people on this forum must ruin it with personal attacks, take Regs post about the small fish survey nobody can now have a interest on it with out going into the attack Regs pages in C&P

G

·
I guess, put simply.
You post things on a forum for opinions and comments.
And in doing so, you/anyone, opens the door to responses you may not like.
At the end of the day it's words typed on a page. If you don't agree with answers posted that's you're privilege.
If you can't take responses then perhaps don't pose the question? Dull world that one!!
It's also your right to challenge unwanted comments!!
I personally can't understand why people get upset when they read something they don't agree with.
This happens in every walk of life over every topic imaginable...
From the pub, work colleagues friends and family... Religeon, politics etc etc etc
This is in no way a criticism!!!
If you don't like it FIGHT YOUR CORNER !!!!

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Why is it that a few people on this forum must ruin it with personal attacks, take Regs post about the small fish survey nobody can now have a interest on it with out going into the attack Regs pages in C&P
It was a shame that Reg's post was locked. He and you I believe spent a lot of time out and about with your nets and some of the catches were a welcome surprise.

At least your survey provided some accurate data for IFCA which they may or may not use.

I personally like Reg and he does some terrific stuff. But I feel when he posts as an AT Rep he is forced into a corner and the threads become locked. I feel that some of other ATSMR bigwigs should post here and give Reg some support and backup.

Reactions: Clansman and Drenai

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It's the same with most forums, no matter what the subject or hobby it relates to,There will always be those who think theirs is the only opinion thats valid, maybe they think that because they have thousands of posts in the past and they feel that gives them some kind of authority.. and then there will be those who have a belly full of ale (usually late in the evening) and turn into keyboard commando's..maybe its best just to let them have their little rant and ignore them...as for the various organisations, AT, LISA etc,personally I know nothing of these (I dont even know what the initials stand for to be honest) but Im sure they do great work. lets face it, the one thing we all have in common is fishing, which we do for fun and enjoyment, why do we feel it necessary to go to war over it and rip verbal lumps out of each other on a forum??

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think fnb has summed it up quite clearly identifying Reg's representation of the AT. Had this report been issued without references to AT I believe there would have been some interest shown.

Reg admits that none of the participants were scientists and if this were a scientific document this is clearly displayed, however, it is well written and contains some interesting data. It is obvious a lot of effort has gone into recording this data and the participants should be applauded.

In reality however, on this occasion all it has really shown is the presence of certain species on certain days with I believe, a large number of assumptions thrown in.

·
Registered
168 Posts
well this just has to be the most classic case of the pot calling the kettle black that I have ever seen

G

·
Well.... You can tell it's January....
I have a complaint, why is it the politics forum makes you do a whole new login process to get in? You get a ragged up steaming angler who hasn't fished in 6 weeks and the last session was a blank, his mrs is driving him mad at home and the kids are fighting over who gets the corn flake box toy.... so the poor bloke comes online and just wants a WSF ruck and like a good guy he thinks he'll do the honourable thing and go looking for it in the right section and just to add insult to injury he has to do a whole new registration and login.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just now a very short while ago while on angling addicts forum i just been blocked and to the first of my knowledge for a 2nd time due to me exercising the magna carta and the freedom we all have to scavange from the shoreline from irrate police officers because of the time i made a video with the police, i was doing nothing more there than shareing in the southcoast section got basicly threatened they all remember my face and then locked out my account now wheres that all come from? now months later and not a word mentioned untill today?

G

·
Just now a very short while ago while on angling addicts forum i just been blocked and to the first of my knowledge for a 2nd time due to me exercising the magna carta and the freedom we all have to scavange from the shoreline from irrate police officers because of the time i made a video with the police, i was doing nothing more there than shareing in the southcoast section got basicly threatened they all remember my face and then locked out my account now wheres that all come from? now months later and not a word mentioned untill today?
They've got no taste Shaun.

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
If I get a dodgy reply
I just pm them and tell them to kiss my skinny essex arse
And then report them

·
Premium Member
25,380 Posts
I have a complaint, why is it the politics forum makes you do a whole new login process to get in? You get a ragged up steaming angler who hasn't fished in 6 weeks and the last session was a blank, his mrs is driving him mad at home and the kids are fighting over who gets the corn flake box toy.... so the poor bloke comes online and just wants a WSF ruck and like a good guy he thinks he'll do the honourable thing and go looking for it in the right section and just to add insult to injury he has to do a whole new registration and login.
Your doing it all wrong.....pre-register when your smiling so your prepared ;)

G

·
Your doing it all wrong.....pre-register when your smiling so your prepared ;)
I don't have a mrs or kids driving me mad. It's hard for me to get in that kind of mood, even when Tottenham lose and I have a hangover, even when I stand on a grip lead with bare feet in the morning, but if I had signal when I lost that huss in summer while fishing alone... I would have gone for that guy who says barbed hooks should be banned, he is on my list bubbles, he is on it!!! I noticed the tag by his signature... he was commenting on trebles.... he is inciting ... he's throwing fresh launce at the tope.

For the record all this is of course all this is tongue in cheek and said in jest.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Anglers fear change that's why mate, I cannot blame them for that because I feel it too.

However, I know change is needed if we are going to be able to self manage our fishing anything like we have done to date. That is why I agreed to be an AT rep in Sussex.

The flak comes with the territory these days, you either quit and cave in to the abuse or you carry on.

G

·
I don't have a mrs or kids driving me mad. It's hard for me to get in that kind of mood, even when Tottenham lose and I have a hangover, even when I stand on a grip lead with bare feet in the morning, but if I had signal when I lost that huss in summer while fishing alone... I would have gone for that guy who says barbed hooks should be banned, he is on my list bubbles, he is on it!!! I noticed the tag by his signature... he was commenting in trebles.... he is inciting ... he's throwing fresh launce at the tope.

For the record all this is of course all this is tongue in cheek and said in jest.
What is it they say kennedy.

Never a truer word than that said in jest?

;);)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
It was a shame that Reg's post was locked. He and you I believe spent a lot of time out and about with your nets and some of the catches were a welcome surprise.

At least your survey provided some accurate data for IFCA which they may or may not use.

I personally like Reg and he does some terrific stuff. But I feel when he posts as an AT Rep he is forced into a corner and the threads become locked. I feel that some of other ATSMR bigwigs should post here and give Reg some support and backup.
Thank You.

Believe me I feel the same about LISA, they do some great stuff in Sussex, it's just the influences from outside of Sussex that causes unnecessary and unwanted friction.

Tony Geal has been a major player in the juvenile fish surveys, always there when needed. Not just with the surveys either, he has been defending the rights of RSA in Sussex for a long time, much longer than me, never frightened to speak his mind to the powers that be.

We do not agree with everything but I respect his decisions and so does the rest of the ATSMR team.

well this just has to be the most classic case of the pot calling the kettle black that I have ever seen
It is a shame there is a problem with you and Tony Geal, how about meeting up with us to clear the air and resolve this rift. I would really like to see you show all the mums that attend our family fishing day events in Shoreham Harbour that women can become accomplished sea anglers. Several have expressed an interest in learning more and taking up the sport with their children, some have gone on to buy rods/reels etc and fish local areas using the sport as a fun family day out and I expect more would do so if there was additional advice to be gained from a woman who has already taken those steps forward.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.