World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was just thinking about how odd it is that LRF hasn’t caught on in the tropics. There’s a sure abundance of interesting and fun light species in the tropics (Equatorial countries). I’d imagine lrf would be some of the ‘worlds best’ around the equator so why wouldn’t lrf catch on around there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
because they have so many big fish. In the uk we have been so battered with constant no fish or catching blennies or eels or whiting that we have made it into a sport just to get that feeling like your catching a massive fish ;)

Yes you are right though! they do have amazing small species but as i said too many biggies why waste time with small fish :).......unless for bait.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
It's probably to do with attitude. There was a time in less enlightened times where I viewed minispecies as bait robbing b*****ds, something to amuse small children with toy rods or at best bass fodder. Now I delight in the subtle colour variations of a wrasse as a butterfly collector would a Fritillary.
Perhaps the sheer volume of species there takes away the challenge or only edible species are valued.
I'm sure some enterprising local will cotton on and start LRF holidays and we can potter around pulling out gobies to bemused natives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts