World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why oh why is it that whenever someone puts a ZZIPLEX thread on so many people on this forum start slinging mud about?
i have owned more rods than most anglers have heard of over the years and to be honest i wish i never sold some of them on!
so weather it be zziplex conoflex century daiwa shimano WHATEVER! if the thread dont interest you PLEASE dont post slagging them off,if guys want to talk about the huge range of zziplex rods just let them get on with it without having to trawl through POINTLESS POSTS!
thanks guys rant over..lol:thumbs:

·
Banned
10,968 Posts
why oh why is it that whenever someone puts a ZZIPLEX thread on so many people on this forum start slinging mud about?
i have owned more rods than most anglers have heard of over the years and to be honest i wish i never sold some of them on!
so weather it be zziplex conoflex century daiwa shimano WHATEVER! if the thread dont interest you PLEASE dont post slagging them off,if guys want to talk about the huge range of zziplex rods just let them get on with it without having to trawl through POINTLESS POSTS!
can you reccomend me a decent headlamp though please ?

·
Registered
845 Posts
No one is slagging off a rod or make it just gets so boring that the same questions comes up day after day. It's like a scatched CD. Every story has two sides and the Zziplex owners only like to point out they have the best and have very little interest in other marques that are available.
When i ask about the range no one could give me a straight answer to some simple questions. No one could explain the action of these rods. Without this am not going to be persuaded to purchase a Zziplex. I came to the conclusion that quite a few bought a Zziplex just because of the name.
If you want to know about a certain make or model please do a search first before posting as the same questions are asked for all the time gets very very boring to us non Zziplex owners

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No one is slagging off a rod or make it just gets so boring that the same questions comes up day after day. It's like a scatched CD. Every story has two sides and the Zziplex owners only like to point out they have the best and have very little interest in other marques that are available.
When i ask about the range no one could give me a straight answer to some simple questions. No one could explain the action of these rods. Without this am not going to be persuaded to purchase a Zziplex. I came to the conclusion that quite a few bought a Zziplex just because of the name.
If you want to know about a certain make or model please do a search first before posting as the same questions are asked for all the time gets very very boring to us non Zziplex owners
but if its 'very boring' to non zziplex owners? why do you read the thread?? i just dont understand this? just seems to me you are just out to wind people up mate..
regards,lee.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
What will all the " ZZIPLEX TYRE KICKERS " do then . You know the ones " I'D LIKE TO BUY ONE BUT NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM ALL " . If they posted less and read more posts about them , they would be more enlightened . Nobody cares whether they buy one or not . Also its not up to us to educate the ignorant , especially those with an attitude . For guys who are seriously interested in learning anything on this site there's always plenty of information . Unless of course that information is constantly criticised .

:blink::secret::fish::fishing:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What will all the " ZZIPLEX TYRE KICKERS " do then . You know the ones " I'D LIKE TO BUY ONE BUT NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM ALL " . If they posted less and read more posts about them , they would be more enlightened . Nobody cares whether they buy one or not . Also its not up to us to educate the ignorant , especially those with an attitude . For guys who are seriously interested in learning anything on this site there's always plenty of information . Unless of course that information is constantly criticised .

:blink::secret::fish::fishing:
if you want the facts because you are genuinely intereseted in buying a zziplex rod why not ring zziplex???????? after all they do make them lol

·
Registered
845 Posts
Am not here to wind anyone up. Am generally interested what people have to say about their fishing kit and am interested about zippy rods but why don't people do a search before posting as am sure their question would have been answered already. This not only goes for zippy but products too.
By asking the same questions day in,day out am sure even some of the zippy owners get board with these posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
if you want the facts because you are genuinely intereseted in buying a zziplex rod why not ring zziplex???????? after all they do make them lol
As i prefer unbiased feedback from people who own or have owned them. Any manufacturer is going to be bias to their own good. As no one answers the phone.
See it now Dino

·
Super Moderator
23,729 Posts
Am not here to wind anyone up. Am generally interested what people have to say about their fishing kit and am interested about zippy rods but why don't people do a search before posting as am sure their question would have been answered already. This not only goes for zippy but products too.
By asking the same questions day in,day out am sure even some of the zippy owners get board with these posts
In fairness it did appear you were on a wind up, or simply being contrary?

Your questioning re the ZZ range appeared more like a 'test', there did not appear any real wish to find out what the range is, let alone the differences between them. This info is readily available (there is a basic explination of a rod's action at some shop or online tackle companie's advert at the back of Sea Angler each month), a quick Google search, or on here perhaps, would also have given you your answers. I don't think you can expect people to talk you through the whole range of anything, that is going to take a lot of time and effort.

Any genuine question about the action of a ZZ and many other rods, will get at least 10 replies, try a direct question i.e 'what's the action like on an HSM' and you will get loads of replies, maybe differing opinions will be offered but people will reply when the questions aren't interpreted as loaded in some way.

·
Super Moderator
23,729 Posts
As i prefer unbiased feedback from people who own or have owned them. Any manufacturer is going to be bias to their own good. As no one answers the phone.
See it now Dino
What possible reason would there be to be biased about a rod's action?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts