World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with my brother graham taking a week off work we have been keeping an eye on the weather and waiting for the right time to go
so with wednesday being that day the time/tide/wind was looking good for are intended place so we set off wed afternoon after digging fresh lug and getting some fresh peeler on way up .
on arrival things looked very promising and hopes were high / after setting up no more than 25 yds apart the fishing started with two rods each one std beach gear and one light outfit to fish close in / brother graham was first in then again and again and again this is how it went for several hours even though we had identical rigs and bait and almost identical distance / i could just not buy a fish infact to make things worse my baits were even coming back untouched what the f---k all i could do was laugh and have some banter at my expense which he well and truly rubbed in with the normal crack - do you want me to cast out for you /hey fish by me /at one stage he even came over with a comment ? i have been watching you stand still do you want this newspaper to read

yes its happened to us all / in the end i managed to cry and whinge the smallest collie in of the night to save my blank well done brother . couple of pics i took [while doing nothing]

must also mention std gear we both had done nothing with any combination of bait / all fish taken close in on light gear.

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,950 Posts
Nice going for your bud and you didn't blank. It just goes to show how isolated the fishy patches can be at the time.:)

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Nice report and pictures and a few fish caught, well done for beating the blank:)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks for posting,and well done on catching:). p.s.how did you get the animated smilies?.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Well done, good report. I'm normally the one that ends up standing next to the guy that catches the bass so I can totally sympathize with you on that one buddy.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
After fishing with Steve A aka Goldenb***s for many years I know exactly how you feel :D.

Well done for beating the blank though and thanks for the report ;).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.