World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My misses wanted to be dropped off early tonight as i didnt wanna watch big brother and shes obsesed with the rubbish. As i pulled up to her house at 9:15 i could see it wasnt going to be dark for a wee while, and as i had my trusty £5 rod from cash generater in the boot and some bread left over from last weeks carp fishing. i decided to go and give a little spot on the tawe that i passed when i went for a walk while as my car was in for a M O T (Bloody thing didnt pass either :( ). got to one spot and feed it with a little crumb and walked down further to a area where i could see some fish on the top taking what ever floated passed them. crawling along the bank i managed to get a bait to them, instant take as the bread floated passed them, didnt connect, had 7 takes before i connected, after a 10 min tussle, had a nice mullet of arould 4 1/5lb it tryed its best to get into a trolly then under a branch, even up the bank beaching its self 20 yards away then flapping back into the flow. great fun! moved back up to where i feed the crumb, as i got to the bank i saw a big bass [4lb at least] come right through the area i fed, was funny to see all the minnows scatter, a quick run to my bag, on went the old red flying c and i spun for around 10min before 2 mullet came in over the crumb, back on went my hooklink with my size 8 on, folded a bit of bread around the hook, as i ploped the bait in, the fish moved off, gave it 5 but it was getting pretty dark and from what ive gathered mullet dont feed very well in the dark, had a quick 5 mins on the lures again but didnt wanna risk mr warden coming and thinking im poaching salmon or sea trout, not worth the risk, so headed home, one very happy chappy.

Summary: 1 mullet on floating bread.
total session time 1hr 15min.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Great post pal. Make hay while the sun shines and be like a boyscout always prepared

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
My misses wanted to be dropped off early tonight as i didnt wanna watch big brother and shes obsesed with the rubbish. As i pulled up to her house at 9:15 i could see it wasnt going to be dark for a wee while, and as i had my trusty £5 rod from cash generater in the boot and some bread left over from last weeks carp fishing. i decided to go and give a little spot on the tawe that i passed when i went for a walk while as my car was in for a M O T (Bloody thing didnt pass either :( ). got to one spot and feed it with a little crumb and walked down further to a area where i could see some fish on the top taking what ever floated passed them. crawling along the bank i managed to get a bait to them, instant take as the bread floated passed them, didnt connect, had 7 takes before i connected, after a 10 min tussle, had a nice mullet of arould 4 1/5lb it tryed its best to get into a trolly then under a branch, even up the bank beaching its self 20 yards away then flapping back into the flow. great fun! moved back up to where i feed the crumb, as i got to the bank i saw a big bass [4lb at least] come right through the area i fed, was funny to see all the minnows scatter, a quick run to my bag, on went the old red flying c and i spun for around 10min before 2 mullet came in over the crumb, back on went my hooklink with my size 8 on, folded a bit of bread around the hook, as i ploped the bait in, the fish moved off, gave it 5 but it was getting pretty dark and from what ive gathered mullet dont feed very well in the dark, had a quick 5 mins on the lures again but didnt wanna risk mr warden coming and thinking im poaching salmon or sea trout, not worth the risk, so headed home, one very happy chappy.

Summary: 1 mullet on floating bread.
total session time 1hr 15min.
Well done m8 brilliant fun on light tackle.:clap3::clap3::clap3:TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
well done dean, great story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts