World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished widewater last night from 19.00 to 04.00 with justjodie and a non forum member.thornbacks,red mullet,schoolies and a solitary bream were the main stay of the night,but as always i had a rod out with big baits in the hope of something special.
weed was a pain and gave up with the rolling lead after a couple hours.two small schoolies were had on some plump blowlug - thanks fishosopher for popping them down.later two larger ones on squid heads one at 1.5lb and one just on 2lb.
2.00 bought about the excitement of the evening as i was rumaging in my seat box the reel on the big bait rod loaded with a hole squid screamed of on 3 runs then stopped.on retreival it was apparent that i had at least a large lump of weed which justin kindly ran over and removed and stood at the waters edge waiting for the next bit to come up the line,saw what i had on and quickly beached this fine looking fella of 7.5lb.
all in all a good night with a variety of fish.

all fish safely returned for my future enjoyment.

Crocodile Jaw Fin Fisherman Fish

later

ian

·
Here fishy fishy
437 Posts
Was looking for sommit like that myself last niht but only schoolies for us.
Craking spikey fella and good to see that it doesnt always need to be blowing a hoolie for them to show.
Was surprised to see it fell to squid with all the mack shoals about atm
as thought thay might be a bit preoccupied with those.
Congrats on the new PB :thumbs:
stay classey
12 :drunk:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Well done Ian :clap3: Perseverance and patience paid off big time :thumbs:

Did you scale down the hook size on the worm rod or did you stick with the size you began with ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
well done glad i was there to see the bass and take the picture lol still think it was my rod though lol well done mate for pb glad i was there to witness it must be my turn next eh

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
cracking bass that well done!:clap:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
billie--yes i went down to a size 4 as advised.thanks for the tips.mill let you know on the worms thurs.

ian

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Lovely looking Bass and congrats on the pb :thumbs: the Squid bit surprised me a bit too but they do hoover up easy meals if it's in front of them sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.