World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a week in wigton last week for a serious spot of fishin and boozing. Got thge train to dumfries and then the worlds slowest bus to newton stewart. went to mark we had been told about and after a seroius climb down a rope we set up for the bass on what looked like a luner moonscape. Fished thetide up and down again. You climb onto some rocks and wait the tide out all cut off from the shore. T 2 in the morning my floating bead rig went and i got pulled into a snag but as luck would have it the bass pulled itself free and hay presto anice 4lb bass. About 6 in the morning john put a tope bait out 5 sandeels and a lamprey chunk. He fell asleep and awoke to a 3lbder basss again.Went home for a snooze and then went to the hartbour at wigton where we caught loads of flounder and watched hugh salmon splashing about.Next we went to burrow head for doggies wrasse and pollock. Fished a big sandy beach in the same area cant remember what its called but its near a golf course and caught nothing, Met some dudes on thier way doiwn they said that smoothies had been caught on that very spot/. Then we went to st ninians and caught wrasse and some doggies but no basss. so a mental bloke in a wetsuit wading and spinning for bass nice idea i thought

·
Registered
138 Posts
hi richy sounds like a good fish was the mark u fished when the tide cuts u off along from auchlarrie caravan park down the steap hill codhunter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts