World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start with, thanks to cal, Davel Holt and Stand Tiger for the replys.
Migrating from carp fishing to sea fishing as you'll all prob guess, there is a huge difference, not only in tacticks etc, but tackle more to the point.
Obviousely im going to get 2 or 3 new Beach Casting rods. 'prob Penn'. But the reels i have now i am currious to know if any of you think will perform well for beach fishing. They are 'SHIMANO BBLC's'. Very relyable, strong etc.
So my ? is. Do you avid long time sea anglers feel that these will be ok for the beach work or would 'A-NOTHER' reel/s be better.
Thanks in advance.
Dish

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
hi m8. I wouldnt worry to much about your Carp gear being ok for sea fishing. your rods/reels will stand up to it ok, my light gear I use for sea fishing is me Salmon spinning stuff, it aint let me down yet ive had 5 mackys on at the same time and brought em all in ok, my light reel I use for spinning is an old abu cardinal 755 it still works as good as the day I bought it.

not sure of the specs of your reels, but seeing as you used to fish for Carp, I am sure that you used to lob out a bait a fair distance ? dont worry m8 give em a go im sure they will be ok :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one bigdunny. The reels should be fine thinking about it. The specs are 12 bearings+1 titanium roller bearing. Deep aluminium spools that hold 360yds of 15, front drag with bait runner.
I know my 3.5tc Greys Prodigys should hold up as carping ive been chucking 3oz flat pears + pva bags of groundbait out(couple of oz each upto 170 yards. So i know they are upto a bit of heavy slogging.
Its just the salt water aspect and equipment degredation for use in an enviroment they are not specifically targetted for.
Well, if they dont hold up, ill just have to get some more init!!! lol

Just got to get my head around the specifics of sea angling terminal/rig building now and the fish knowledge for targetting individual species.

Cheers brother. Tight lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts