World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lowrance Elite 7 Ti and was wondering if this would be ok to use with it, Lowrance LSS 2 Transducer and structure Scan HD box. I have a chance to get one at a good price, but it must be by tomorrow morning.
Thanks.

·
Global Moderator
3,038 Posts
I have a Lowrance Elite 7 Ti and was wondering if this would be ok to use with it, Lowrance LSS 2 Transducer and structure Scan HD box. I have a chance to get one at a good price, but it must be by tomorrow morning.
Thanks.
You wont need the box

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but the box and networking gray cable is part of the deal. I'm also looking for another Head unit, haven't decided on the Hook reveal 7 or 9 but now thinking of just a head unit and connect to the box, will other units other than Lowrance speak to the box or am I better just buying the New Hook unit?
Thanks for your help.

·
Global Moderator
3,038 Posts
The box is sonar brain for old ones.
Ti, ti2, hook 2, reveal, all brains in screen. Dont need box.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry but will the Lss 2 give the standard sonar readings or do I need a conventional 50/200 transducer as well? Getting lost with this. I've bought the Lss2 ,ethernet cable and HD box as a package so hoping I haven't made a mistake.
Cheers.

·
Global Moderator
3,038 Posts
Sorry but will the Lss 2 give the standard sonar readings or do I need a conventional 50/200 transducer as well? Getting lost with this. I've bought the Lss2 ,ethernet cable and HD box as a package so hoping I haven't made a mistake.
Cheers.
No. It only side and down. Box not work on elite for brain already on screen.
Only able 1 sonar on elite.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks, I've spoken to the chap and he's going to refund me as he hadn't posted it yet, I thought it was a good price at £150 for the transducer, ethernet cable and box. So I still need a transducer for my Elite 7 Ti and a second unit. Will Lowrance and say Garmin talk to each other via the ethernet cable. There's a Garmin striker 7 going for a reasonable price.
Cheers.

·
Global Moderator
3,038 Posts
What you try to do Bill?
What you want other one to do?
What sonar are you want? All?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got the Elite 7 ti but no transducer, so I'm after a Second unit that can link the transducer to both or a second unit maybe the Hook reveal 7or9 and a transducer for the Elite Ti. I have a grey ethernet cable to link both and one Navionics micro card so not sure what the best option is.

·
Global Moderator
3,038 Posts
Elite ti to nmea only.
Not to give map or sonar to nmea, only to ethernet. Elite ti not to ethernet.

Elite not to talk at hook or garmin.

Hook not ethernet. Not nmea. Not network.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again, the chap has returned the money for the Lss2 and the box,so I'm now picking up a Elite 7 CHIRP tomorrow so hopefully thats all I'll need. Got an Icom radio so I'll probably pick up a hand held radio station as backup.
I really appreciate your help.
Bill.

·
Global Moderator
3,038 Posts
Thanks again, the chap has returned the money for the Lss2 and the box,so I'm now picking up a Elite 7 CHIRP tomorrow so hopefully thats all I'll need. Got an Icom radio so I'll probably pick up a hand held radio station as backup.
I really appreciate your help.
Bill.
Sorry its hard for understanding Bill. X

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
It's probably me getting it messed up, I'm hoping to get an Elite 7 chirp unit tomorrow and was going to connect it to my Elite 7 ti by ethernet cable so I only have to get one Navionics card and use the transducer supplied with the Elite 7 chirp.
Do these two units connect ok with the ethernet cable? Or does the Elite 7 chirp have a ethernet port? Trying to find a unit that will go along with the Elite Ti.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Bill
Can the supplier not give you this info over the phone? If you tell them what you want to do and what you already have then they should be able to advise. At least then if it's not compatible you have some comeback

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have spoken to Hudson marine and they were less than helpful, I think it was because I previously had 2 Gen 2 touch and I could swop the transducer and Card between them but the others I'm looking at won't do that, had a lot on my plate lately and it was stressing me out a bit (Under statement) so I'm just going to use the Elite Ti as a standalone plotter and buy a Hook 9 reveal as a finder. But thanks everyone.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think what Jude is sayin mate is the eleite does not have ethernet. It only has NMEA capability but mapping and sonar are only passed over ethernet. It won't do what you want. You will have to buy another map card whatever you get.

·
Global Moderator
3,038 Posts
Elite ti doesnt ethernet.
I think what Jude is sayin mate is the eleite does not have ethernet. It only has NMEA capability but mapping and sonar are only passed over ethernet. It won't do what you want. You will have to buy another map card whatever you get.
Yes John.
Bill. If want 2 screen what for?

A hook transducer will to work on elite if to have the same end or to have a end changer but not to talk. And it need a map card.

Have you looked only transducer?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi all,still can't decide on a second unit to go with my Elite 7 Ti, I can get the Hook 7 Reveal with triple shot for £438 or Garmin striker 9" for £389 without a transducer but tending towards the Lowrance units,the 9"Hook has gone up from what I had originally looked at,I'll maybe stick the 7 on the console and see what it's like for space,just don't wan't to be blowing cash for nothing,is the triple shot transducer worth the extra money?
Cheer's.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts