World Sea Fishing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Global Moderator
3,107 Posts
Hi all,still can't decide on a second unit to go with my Elite 7 Ti, I can get the Hook 7 Reveal with triple shot for £438 or Garmin striker 9" for £389 without a transducer but tending towards the Lowrance units,the 9"Hook has gone up from what I had originally looked at,I'll maybe stick the 7 on the console and see what it's like for space,just don't wan't to be blowing cash for nothing,is the triple shot transducer worth the extra money?
Cheer's.
If garmin you do have to buy a transducer anyway. If to hook you not and the transducer to work on the elite of to have the end. You can to buy change ends.
You do have no transducer now. I say to get the hook to triple shot and to a cheap 2/1 tranaducer. You can then to swap to each unit.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks I had thought of buying a 7 with the triple shot and then another cheapy,just hoping the Hook Reveal are good units,but heard varing reports about them,but I like Lowrance.
Cheers.

·
Global Moderator
3,107 Posts
They are good. I do write for them on here before lots. They are do to use the same tech as the old high eyebrows. To be the network and engine is just what changed to the elite ti2

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well Jude,after all the flap I have just ordered the Hook reveal 7 with the triple shot transducer, £437.00 .I have also bought a new Hook2 transducer for £35 so ready for action!! (Soon I hope)

·
Global Moderator
3,107 Posts
Well Jude,after all the flap I have just ordered the Hook reveal 7 with the triple shot transducer, £437.00 .I have also bought a new Hook2 transducer for £35 so ready for action!! (Soon I hope)
You will pleased Bill. X

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just wondering would I be better using the Triple shot transducer with my Elite 7ti instead of my New Hook unit.
Cheers Bill.

·
Global Moderator
3,107 Posts
Just wondering would I be better using the Triple shot transducer with my Elite 7ti instead of my New Hook unit.
Cheers Bill.
It not to matter Bill. They do swap.
Once you do to use them you will decide and to play with how you do like the displays. If you do want to see it onto the right plug to the right. If to the left plug to the left. They do to be so similar unit that it to be the same return no matter. Just to run the wires so you can to swap the two with no hassle

·
Global Moderator
3,107 Posts
I was just wondering if the Elite had better features and would give more info.
You do to have the older elite and to have the newer hook. The hook now will to be getting the tech the elite did have, which the hds did have before that. More or less. The units will be onto roughly the same level as eachother.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just checked the transducer on the Elite and the fitting is different from the Hook reveal, also the old blue plug transducer won't fit either ( I have an old plug and tried it)I'll post a picture and we'll see what Lady Half Pint makes off it. I bought a Hook 2 transducer to use with it as a spare, also though of splicing the Airmar P319 that I have and using that. So I've a few Lowrance Elite bits for sale now, my Enet cable isn't any use to me either.
Cheers Bill.

·
Global Moderator
3,107 Posts
Just checked the transducer on the Elite and the fitting is different from the Hook reveal, also the old blue plug transducer won't fit either ( I have an old plug and tried it)I'll post a picture and we'll see what Lady Half Pint makes off it. I bought a Hook 2 transducer to use with it as a spare, also though of splicing the Airmar P319 that I have and using that. So I've a few Lowrance Elite bits for sale now, my Enet cable isn't any use to me either.
Cheers Bill.
Bill, that not to be good, the transducer should to be the same. It to be the same models used on the lowrance chart i do use so unless they did to keep the transducer and to swap the plug end it to not make much sense. Lowrance to be quite good at to keep same tech for units unless to be a major change into unit.
Send some pictures and to figure out.
So do you to has transducer that to fit each unit now, or just one to fit the hook?

·
Global Moderator
3,107 Posts
I forgot to send the pictures, also the power plug is Red but my old power lead with the blue plug fits.
Bill. To take photos of all please?
This does to look like elite back? Yes?
It to look exactly like mine i think.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive lighting Audio equipment

I not to have my hook or transducers here it to be at boat.
If you to picture then to label each one i do to know what to look at.
My big transducer 3/1 for to do the sidescan did to come with a y end. It does to have the plug to the elite above into right corner 9 pin and to a 7pin for the hook2 9. I to take you not to have this?

·
Global Moderator
3,107 Posts

·
Global Moderator
3,107 Posts
Cheers mine is the same as yours,so I might need the adapter.
Cheers Bill.
I not to know why you not to get the same wire i did to get. Mine did to have the 2 ends on a y so to swap. It will to work with it no worry as to be the same transducer.
Do the airmar to fit?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The Airmar p319 I have has a different fitting its a 7 hole female plug if I could find an adapter for that I would use it on the elite,Ill post a picture of it.
Cheers.
Ps if this isn't clear I can get another.

Attachments

·
Global Moderator
3,107 Posts
I to think, send email to airmar. To say you to look for change end for airmar cx107 male to lowrance xsonic 9 pin male
If they tell not exist then you to have to splice.
They to do the end changes for many Bill.
The cx107 is old for simrad or raytheon. Before it did to be raymarine.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts