World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might have seen or heard that I have been busy putting together a collection of pike flies presented in a quality fly box. The collection is from many of the best pike fly men in the world, with flies being sent from America, Canada, France, Finland, Holland and all over the UK. If you could actually buy these flies, and many are from pike fly tyers who only tie for themselves and do not make their creations available commercially, the value would be in excess of £250, so some prize!

It is now ready and the mechanism is in place - like the Dorado raffle - for entries to be managed and recorded correctly. Entries are £2 each, for each £2 you donate, your name goes into the hat. The draw will be made by an independant person, press ganged from the pub (or local liesure centre, which I thought was the same thing!) When the draw is made one lucky person will have a magnificent collection of pike flies to cover every eventuality and part of the season. Getting your name on the list is easy: for old pharts like me who are hi-tech rejects, send a cheque made payable to Heroes On the Water UK for the number of entries you would like and with your name and address ON THE BACK OF THE CHEQUE, not on a seperate piece of paper please as they can become seperated, to HOW, c/o 3 Clywedog Drive, Llandrindod Wells, LD1 5BZ or for the whizz kids send your payment via Paypal - [email protected] and mark your payment as 'F' so we know it is for the fly selection raffle. Egbertnobacon is C-in-C of the payment logistics and getting the draw done, just as he did with the Dorado raffle.

Ok, who is going to be first? For everyone who puts in £10 or more entry there will be a random, extra draw for 3 pike flies (we had some extras!) Go on, you have a 50/50 chance of winning - either you will, or you won't!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts