World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>whilst fishing on shoreham(sussex)beach on saturday night. &nbsp; &nbsp; the session started 3hrs before high water with small bream,smoothhound and gurnard making it almost impossible to fish 2 rods,waiting for high water to fish for bass the wind changed from mild sw to a direct easterly and all bites stopped instantly and led to a barren 2 hrs.then the wind dropped and i had a bite on both rods (small bass) &nbsp;my mate had a small smooth hound and then the bites started again.I have never knownsuch a marked change as this even the flies,hoppers disapeared. anyone know what happens to &nbsp; make the fish stop feeding so instantly</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi,

When the wind is in the east the fish bite least - when the wind is in the west the fish bite best.

My Grandfather told me this over 50 years ago. Time and time again he has been proved right.

Drew</font>

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
<font color='#000000'>that is true to a certain degree in coarse fishing

east winds bring cod were i am, west winds push them back out</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi,

What is course fishing? Never heard about it, is it something new&#33;&#33;&#33;

Cheers

Drew</font>

·
Registered
170 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hi drew course fishing is fishing pounds big pounds small pounds &nbsp;catch and returne only &nbsp;carp tench bream roach bait used for this sport is sweetcorn tined &nbsp;lunchen meat bread maggots boiles carp fishing is very good &nbsp;20lb plus i know</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts