World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the day off, so headed down to chesil via West Bay to pick up some hermit crabs. At the time of leaving the forecast was for the wind to start to die off around 1pm, well it didn't! For the 1st few hours, the only way to fish was with 1 rod held as high as possible to keep the line out of the breakers. I would have given up, but managed three hounds doing this, 6lb, 2 1/2 lb and 5 1/2lb, and was great fun getting the takes whilst holding the rod!

After that it eased a little and could fish with 2 rods again, just. Managed a few dogs, another hound and a 2lb bass, and was then joined by Deano and Birds_Nest. It was just in time as Deano saved me losing this 8lb 12oz starry in the surf...
north004.jpg

Fished for a couple more hours and managed two more hounds in the 3-4lb bracket and packed up a very very tired fisherman!

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
good effort chris, i wouldnt have gone near chesil with those winds but fair play for extracting the goodies! any idea how dean and ben got on?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Cerrrrrrrrrrr rap...mate,,,,,, blanked,,,first time in a long time was due one..thats fishing for you,,conditions got worse as the tide started to go out,,
i'd go tonight but can't work in the morning,but sure it will fish really well.take plenty hermits,,

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
well done lads getting out in that wind but rewards payed of great fishing there chris , deano your turn next mate ,

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nice one, cheers for the info. Got some leave coming up in August so will be heading to a few Chesil marks with some peelers. Good effort with this weather the way it is bud!:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
just rewards for sticking it out in difficult conditions . not an easy place in an onshore wind and shore dump . many would of given up . persistance payed off

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
nice sesh there chris mate:clap3::clap3: and unlucky deano got to be your turn next time
Not to worried about blanking mate,,as i know there'll be other times and it aint gonna put me off,,had me fair share of hounds this year..time to concentrate on the edible species,,,,,,well the fish i like eating,,,,,,,

·
TEAM FORESHORE
3,960 Posts
Not to worried about blanking mate,,as i know there'll be other times and it aint gonna put me off,,had me fair share of hounds this year..time to concentrate on the edible species,,,,,,well the fish i like eating,,,,,,,
back on the cod now mate like the 2 in your avatar you had last yr lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts