World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a couple of hours tonight with some frozen crab i had left over,very rough but thankfully no weed .Managed a codling of around 2 and a half pound .Off to clean all my gear now as everything is covered in sea spray :) Mr codling was returned to fight another day.Stopped to talk to an angler on my way off the wall and was on about how he caught 35 in a session last year and took 25 home :( I have no problem with anglers taking a few fish for supper but numbers like that are a bit silly and make anglers like myself feel like i'm wasting my time trying to return most fish i catch especially cod/codling. We are seeing a increase in codling numbers at the moment and with only 1 inshore trawler in Fleetwood dock i feel this is our chance of keeping them here (as they seem to be staying nearly all year now)and maybe they will come back bigger next year ,thankfully most anglers i know have realised this and this guy is the minority. Yes a few trawlers could get wind of the codling at anytime and wipe them out but let's give it our best shot .

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Good fish there fella, there must have been a good surf on the point? Should keep those codling in casting distance for a bit.

As for claim of 35 codling in one trip - pull the other one! Maybe he meant to say 'season' not 'session'.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got 13 in a session last October at anchors all keepers but chucked em all back although did give one to an old guy next to me because he caught nothing all night due to the guy next to him casting over his line every 10mins!

Did he say how many rods he was fishing? He might have had 30 rods out............

·
Registered
189 Posts
Was this bloke built like a brick outhouse because i'm quite strong but to carry off 23 insize Codling would take some doing i would think. I think I smell a little bit of Bull****e.:g:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.