World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting to see the birds working at distance and the first fish ( that he lost ) clearing the water.:cool:
Yeah...I know... the fish jumping/tailwalking happens alot close in on vids on these marks.
Also, what I've noticed is that a lot of these guys deliberately seek out shallow rock strewn stretches with surf pounding and fish their lures in between the rocks where the water is churning ('flushing') .. and they get great results.
Made me rethink a lot about the 'where', 'when' and 'how' to cast lures. Lots of venues like this in Wales, and the West Country!

The TackleHouse K2142F has also featured a lot in these winter vids.
It's a 26.5g lure and I reckon must really fly out there enough even in strong winds.
(I've used the smaller K2 122F and that has got serious distance!)

Other lure options I've seen used to good effect in vids on these marks are...
Apia, Punchline Muscle 95
Jumprize Mr Buttobi 95 S or 95SS or Surface Wing 147F
IMA Hound Fang 125F

The key on these marks I reckon is to use a lure that gets out to where you want it ... and tracks back shallow... even in the really snotty weather.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yeah...I know... the fish jumping/tailwalking happens alot close in on vids on these marks.
Also, what I've noticed is that a lot of these guys deliberately seek out shallow rock strewn stretches with surf pounding and fish their lures in between the rocks where the water is churning ('flushing') .. and they get great results.
Made me rethink a lot about the 'where', 'when' and 'how' to cast lures. Lots of venues like this in Wales, and the West Country!

The TackleHouse K2142F has also featured a lot in these winter vids.
It's a 26.5g lure and I reckon must really fly out there enough even in strong winds.
(I've used the smaller K2 122F and that has got serious distance!)

Other lure options I've seen used to good effect in vids on these marks are...
Apia, Punchline Muscle 95
Jumprize Mr Buttobi 95 S or 95SS or Surface Wing 147F
IMA Hound Fang 125F

The key on these marks I reckon is to use a lure that gets out to where you want it ... and tracks back shallow... even in the really snotty weather.
I'm surprised you boys don't read more Striper books. The lures boys there mainly target pre-storm pressure fronts and big NE winds. I got John Skinner's 'Striper Pursuit' and its a really good insight from someone who catches loads of big bass. I thought it was excellent I mainly flyfish.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm surprised you boys don't read more Striper books. The lures boys there mainly target pre-storm pressure fronts and big NE winds. I got John Skinner's 'Striper Pursuit' and its a really good insight from someone who catches loads of big bass. I thought it was excellent I mainly flyfish.
You're right.... loads of stuff transfer from other lure fishing to UK.
John Skinner's vids on YT are a great watch.. loads of good advice and info... and proof of success wiith lures with a number of species!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Interesting. I've been wanting, this year to get out on the surf beaches at low when a SW blow is just beginning and the surfs running but water still clear and blue, reckon some 42g sgs for example would be murder in those conditions?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts