World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a trout fisher looking for any information regarding sea fishing from the shore basically using the gear that I have at the moment,the where's, I live near the fourth estuary if that is any help and what baits to use during winter any relevant information would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
408 Posts
Is it only fly gear you have? if so your best bet would be at the back of Torness, by the warm water outflow, where smallish bass are regularly caught. Use a lure to imitate a small fish or sandeel.

I

·
0 Posts
hi get youself some fishing gear [sea of course]it's not too expensive it could be mind you but as a rule go for some advice and get a good firm rod an abu 65c3 with level wind a good rod rest ian golds type mind a mate to share fuel iff poss and hey presto you are one of us a bit mad at times [all winter] but it's a big pond out there and best of all no licence needed.one thing i would add is try and find a good tackle shop and don't be afraid to ask about where to go for a novice and use good bait oh and always use shock leader tight lines m8 let us know how you got on yeh?iwantacod[andy]

·
Registered
297 Posts
What kind of reel have you got and where about are you beside the forth? You would need bigger hooks you would be better buying a cheap combo set-up just now see how you like it ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts