World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can get the wire for forming the holes when making grip weights?

·
Registered
84 Posts
mate all i use is copper, get your self some 16- 25mm copper cable and use one of the strands inside. straighten the copper and put one each side, works spot on

·
Registered
84 Posts
one strand of the thicker cable is spot on. ive made hundreds of sinkers that way. the only problem is that they get hot so you need to cut 4 bits and swap 2 of them each time you make a new lead. one meter lengh will last you a very long time

·
Registered
3 Posts
1.6mm carbon tig welding wire. if you know any welders,they should be able to get you a few bits no bother.use it in my namix moulds all the time,lasts a long time

·
Registered
323 Posts
i use 2 of the larger sized baiting needles, nice and stiff stainless

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
1.6mm stainless tig wires, when moulding i allways wipe the wires on an oiled rag after every pour it makes the removal of the wires a bit easier as they pull straight out with out having to twist them.
Maxie if your struggleing to get some drop me your address through pm and ill send you a few.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1.6mm stainless tig wires, when moulding i allways wipe the wires on an oiled rag after every pour it makes the removal of the wires a bit easier as they pull straight out with out having to twist them.
Maxie if your struggleing to get some drop me your address through pm and ill send you a few.
Ill try and get some from work ,if not i might take you up on the offer,cheers.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Bycycle spokes, drill out the gripper holes a bit, then oil the spokes before you put them in, failing that if you have a stainless steel plate drainer nick a couple of the wires, the wife may not notice.....:black_eye

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.