World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Been a while sinse posting here. Not got out much in the last few years due to commitments. Getting back out again this year and first trip being later today. Not going far just out between the boat docks and the water treatment plant. Wondering if anyone has been out fishing the nene Wisbech stretch recently or in last couple years and how you've got on. Going with a few garden worms this afternoon to see what happens for a couple hours as weather's playing ball. Will follow up later with how I get on. If anyone is up for a meet this year then don't hesitate to drop me a message. Would like to meet up with someone who has abit more experience and knowledge of this river. Tight lines people

Registered
Sorry I don't know the area, but,

Is there mud there that is accessible and safe?

If so, I would be tempted to find a stick and dig up some maddies to use as bait rather then garden worms, never had luck on them only ever eels...

Always have squid in the freezer too

If your ever down north Essex or south suffolk way, I'll meet up to have a cast or 2, sure stevek65 would come along too.

Nutsy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I don't know the area, but,

Is there mud there that is accessible and safe?

If so, I would be tempted to find a stick and dig up some maddies to use as bait rather then garden worms, never had luck on them only ever eels...

Always have squid in the freezer too

If your ever down north Essex or south suffolk way, I'll meet up to have a cast or 2, sure stevek65 would come along too.

Nutsy
Never thought about trying that. Where I was yesterday I was on and around some mud. Never heard anybody digging bait from this far up on the river though. Think it's worth a shot then? Don't get out often but if ever that way will be sure to drop you a message

Registered
Hi all. Been a while sinse posting here. Not got out much in the last few years due to commitments. Getting back out again this year and first trip being later today. Not going far just out between the boat docks and the water treatment plant. Wondering if anyone has been out fishing the nene Wisbech stretch recently or in last couple years and how you've got on. Going with a few garden worms this afternoon to see what happens for a couple hours as weather's playing ball. Will follow up later with how I get on. If anyone is up for a meet this year then don't hesitate to drop me a message. Would like to meet up with someone who has abit more experience and knowledge of this river. Tight lines people
The sewage works down river road in West Walton is good for bass ,flatties and eels but I find generally from June is when they start getting up there. Garden worms and mackerel strip always does well.

Registered
Not fished it much the last 18 months or so, but it really varies. Normally fish along near the water treatment plant and towards Wisbech. Usually the odd flounder, eels in a month or so starting with little bootleg ones. Not had Bess for the last three years.
have caught on garden worms, frozen lug, fresh and scanky lug and rag. Never caught much on fish baits.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update...
Went out for a few hours with a mate today before hightide. Made a 2 hook flapper rig last night with some silver beeds for added attraction. Had squid on one and garden worm on the other. No action atall for first couple hours. Half hour before heading home had a baby eel fall to the garden worm. Nice confidence boost after blanks for the last few sessions so to have something was a great feeling. Will be getting out as much as I can as now only live 10 mins walk from the river so will go as much as possible and see how we do. Will be heading to the coast as soon as possible to get some fresh baits and try those. Things aren't looking to bad and have the itch to fish this stretch and closer to the coast alot more now. Eels aren't everybody's favourite but I'm happy with anything that puts a bend in the rod. Happy jack this evening 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update...
Went out for a few hours with a mate today before hightide. Made a 2 hook flapper rig last night with some silver beeds for added attraction. Had squid on one and garden worm on the other. No action atall for first couple hours. Half hour before heading home had a baby eel fall to the garden worm. Nice confidence boost after blanks for the last few sessions so to have something was a great feeling. Will be getting out as much as I can as now only live 10 mins walk from the river so will go as much as possible and see how we do. Will be heading to the coast as soon as possible to get some fresh baits and try those. Things aren't looking to bad and have the itch to fish this stretch and closer to the coast alot more now. Eels aren't everybody's favourite but I'm happy with anything that puts a bend in the rod. Happy jack this evening 馃憤
Water Sky Cloud Plant Vertebrate

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.