World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished haslar wall low tide 0700 today with a couple of plugs, had nothing for half hour then i couldnt believe it when i pulled in a wrasse half the size of the plug!!! back he went and around half hour later my line screamed off and kept screaming!! tried putting my thumb on the reel to slow him but was too risky of a snap, afer about a minute of running it slowed up enough for the retrieve still fighting like a bitch, another minute or so passed of slow retrieval and the bugger decided to kick and the inevitable sound of SNAP! well P****D off threw my rod and nearly cried, not only did i lose about 40-50yrds of line i reckon i lost what could have been my biggest bass to date, oh well theres always this afternoon, any ideas of daylight tide fishing this time of the year in gosport area??
cheers lads
Rich

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
fished haslar wall low tide 0700 today with a couple of plugs, had nothing for half hour then i couldnt believe it when i pulled in a wrasse half the size of the plug!!! back he went and around half hour later my line screamed off and kept screaming!! tried putting my thumb on the reel to slow him but was too risky of a snap, afer about a minute of running it slowed up enough for the retrieve still fighting like a bitch, another minute or so passed of slow retrieval and the bugger decided to kick and the inevitable sound of SNAP! well P****D off threw my rod and nearly cried, not only did i lose about 40-50yrds of line i reckon i lost what could have been my biggest bass to date, oh well theres always this afternoon, any ideas of daylight tide fishing this time of the year in gosport area??
cheers lads
Rich
The loss of any plug is a sad and painful experience....my thoughts are with you at this moment.....:kissing:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Better luck next time Rich. Same thing happened to me at Brighton Marina once............ powerful lesson about getting the clutch set right (well for me anyway!). Haven't lost another bass since!

Tight lines.

Mick.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
unlucky bud, fishing wasn't spose to be easy tho!

i know how you must've felt! last year i too spent 8quid for the pleasure of losing a pb bass! great int it!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I heard there was a 20lb bass caught in the nets with a plug hanging from his mouth and about 40-50 yards of line attached!!!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well could you ask him to post the plug back to my house!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts