World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here fished there for Bass?? If so, how, where, etc. I want to give it a go soon, so are there any Bass anglers here willing to tell or even better, show me how?

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
i've not fished much of the hollywell end, it's a low water mark really, most guys down there are fly, lure, or float for a couple of hours and gone again,

wish tower, park down by the rnli museum place, aim for a night time low tide, and start fishing from low up, this time of year it's prob be sandeel or whole squid, use a running ledger, the smaller tides are prob a little better (iirc). fresh lug is often pretty good too (ask RoyS... jammy git !).

i've fished neither during the day, so can't help there, summmer at night can be a problem with idiots when the pubs close, not major, but a distraction at least,

Hugh

·
Registered
407 Posts
Have fished Hollywell a fair bit over the years. Bass usually start to show in reasonable nos from Mid May. Early morning and evenings the best with Crab and prawn best early in the year and then sandeel and mackerel better later on. A float fished prawn can be very good. Never had much luck with worm baits but they do take the odd fish among the whiting and mini cod in October & November. Squid will take fish most of the time.Holiday makers can be a nuisance throughout the summer and parking can be awful. Plugging can be good as well as flyfishing. As Hugh says most of the fishing is over low water but the area can produce at high water with a light surf running. You will lose a fair bit of tackle here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts