World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to wtiches point friday morning, couple of bites, 1 small whiting, very poor fishing, fished 2 up and 2 down with squid mack and rag, the fish took the squid!

Fished Friars point BARRY the day before that, loads of bites but only 2 fished hooked. Loads of bites though.

Anyone got any fishing reports from round this area this past week?

Localfisher

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
local report fished bendriks yesterday, 1 dog and 1 pout between 4 of us,bellboy pout, lunker a doggy. fished lavernok twice over last couple weeks, 1 codlinbetween 4 again. fished ranny, again 2 codlin, between 3 of us. oh and i have to say, out of them 4 visits, i blanked every bloody time. its not happenin out there for meeeeee.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Hard luck lads, I know exactly how you feel having blanked most times last year (first back after years)!

An idea. I've taken to using a freshwater feeder rod as well as the big'un and use it 20yds and IN with rigs dependant on the bottom (normal paternoster off clean beach and freelining in heavy ground. I'm amazed how many fish there are, no doubt hiding from bigger ones further out! They're not big but I don't blank any more. Also keeps me awake and learning, AGAIN, how/when to strike those little pull!, pulls! that we want!

·
Registered
737 Posts
poach come with me and the boys and catch some fish.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Took the missis the Aberystwyth on Satuarday, enjoyed the sun, nice meal & nice B & B, she was happy, so i went fishing!!!!
Fished the breakwater / pier, had macky and squid on a pulley.
Ended up with 5 doggy's first 5 casts, there must have been hundreds of them, cos i was trying macky head / tails / gutts / squidhead to try and tempt something else but kept on getting dogs!
Finished with 9 dogs in 3 hrs of fishing, kept me busy and the way it's been fishing down in Cardiff, found it great fun.
JD

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
marcus noooo. don,t wish that on me m8. if i blank 6 timea in a row, there wont be a 7th, cos i,ll sell the gear, prob the wife as well, hee hee, thanks guys , nice 1 nat.........

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very poor winters fishing, all i wanted for xmas was a cod
hope the summer brings some joy huh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts