World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doggies....Doggies and more Dogies..

There were lights on Monknash and Ogmore Deeps were any of you there if so what did you catch?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
it was dog mad in porthcawl too...but,,fishing would be hellish quiet if it wasent for them,,so ...i cant knock em...metaphorically or physically..which i dont..

HUH??

I know..i kinda lost what i was talkin about there,,,ADD i think.... :eek:

·
Registered
325 Posts
i said those whales were chasing shoals of dogfish up east "only joking" at least people are having something to reel in!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only problem is that the bait wasn't in the water long enough for the target species - rays - to find it!!!

12" doggie on a whole squid 4/0 4/0 pennel the whole lot down its gob!

2 doggies on on each hook of the pennel rig....

Should have taken the spinning rod and gone for the triple doggie hook up..

use to have fun with a Ron Thompson hardcore spinn 3 hook flapper with mini suid on each hook fishing the "Kennel" at Knab Rock and wait for the triple.. Not quite the same on a Nemesis Plus :(

Did have two interesting bangs which really pulled the rod over though.....Whilst in close but didn't hook anything tried head and guts for a while...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
sorry pshyco forgot to ask how many dogs u had, if theres that much action there, i will av 2 give it a go this week........

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fished from the ledges on the left hand side since the point proper was full. fished from 8pm til 2am moving down from the ledges when we lost water round the front on the flat rock and then ended up on the beach once we could get across. all the doggy "action" came in the first few hours. Nothing happened for the last 4 hours

Hell of a rip had to "uptide" with the grippers held down with bait elastic for the first few hours which made bite detection almost impossible. Me and my mate probably had at least 10 doggies each in the first hour and a half ranging in size from about 20" to 5" oh aren't they cute little puppies ...... ;)

Sandeel, Squid, Mackerel they will take anything. If you deliberatley went out to target them you should catch loads!!!

The ledges are better than a tackle shop - reels of bait elastic, Baiting needles, Sequins as well as sandeels, squid and mackerel - I dont know why I bothered carrying so much gear out there with me.....

Come on lads - make sure that the bait you don't want makes it back to the water or the ledges will end up semelling like the end of Porthcawl pier!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts