World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Steve,

You want to be heading for a place called Southerdown beach , SW of Bridgend, which is where the point is.
From Bristol clatter along the M4 till J35 (Pencoed), follow A473 towards Bridgend/Port Talbot. Keep on it until you reach a roundabout which crosses the B4265, follow signs to Ewenny, St. Brides Major, Llantwit Major. Once you get to St. Brides you should pick up local signs for Southerdown. Follow those and you will come to Southerdown (quite a windswept place), opposite a pub (golden cups ! I think) turn left and you will be heading towards the sea. You go through an old estate gateway and cattle grid and then you will drop onto Southerdown Beach, as you do you will see Witches in front of you.
Be prepared for a lumber up and over the hill, take what is only necessary !
Two places to try, the point itself casting either side, or if you want go slightly beyond the point and there is a good ledge to fish from. Can be fished either low or high.
I don't know if you are aware but you are only a stones throw from Ogmore Deeps there, if that means anything to you, have a look at www.fiskies.me.uk
Good luck
Andy J
aka Valeman

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry Steve,

Place should be Southerndown, I'm sure you would find it anyway, been away from S. Wales too long!!
Cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
steve best not fished with strong s westerlys,fishes best with a light westerly on a medium size tide,but allways beware of swells,best you fish the mark with someone who knows it,certain places there look safe,but can be dangerous,sorry to be so neg about mark,but it has cost a lot of anglers their lives over the yrs
steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts