World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Fished there today over high, with high being about 11:30.

Caught 2 bass on the float they weight 2.1lb and 2.7lb. Nothing on the beachcaster, maybe(??) I had one bite!

·
Registered
76 Posts
nice one m8 what bait was you useing under the float? and at what depth? as i dont seem to be getting anywhere lately with the old pennel rigs lobbed out, with all sorts of tempting baits, maybe the float is the way 2 go? :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Distance out was no more than 9', depth of bait to float was no deeper than 6'. Bait used, frozen sandeel.

The advantage of using float techniques is that you can drift a bait close by obstructions and that way tempt a fish out. Believe me whe I sy that. At one session at Marloes, a few of us were fishing within feet of kelp and we kept on getting pollack over 1lb.

Not all fish are at the horizon.

During this type of weather, very rarely I take my Century Carbon Metal out, the heaviest rod I take is a bass rod, I go even light some times when there are very little snags so that I can have fun with fishing.

My biggest bass last year of 5 1/2lb was cuaght under the float at a distance of 6 feet and a depth of 3'. You will be surprised how oftem people overcast fish. I know that they are at a distance sometimes, but not all the time!

·
Registered
76 Posts
nice one matey, thats all the info i needed, floats and light gear ready off we go bass hunting, all i want is a photo of one decent bass to make me a happy man. we return all that we catch, hopefully to grow and fight another day. cheers! :cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I fished there yesterday with John dory on the ledge to the left one bite each on the beachcasters. We both tried the float too and the only bite we had there was a dam seagull going for my bait tried a few spinners as well not a touch. It was really blowy down there thow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts