World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
not been there latley phil,but in the past me & rayman have bass & rays from low up to high,ledgering for the first couple hrs of the flood,then floating with 1 rod upto high,mainly school bass & pollack,my best on the float was a bass just under 5lb on whole sqiud,but rayman lost what seemed a really bigun,still bends my ear about it now, the 1 that got away lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recently I have had Garfish and Bass from there, less than 6' out on the float using frozen sandeel, in bright sunshine. Planning on giving it a go just as the tide starts coming in!

I lost 2 mackerel there, had a bass of at least 4lb take an interest in my sandeel that I was winding in slowly, it was less than 2 feet out from the rock ledge! I have seen mackerel jump clear of the water there as well!

I assume that it fishes better at night as well!

·
Registered
113 Posts
talking of floating 2ft from edge of rocks,try a side of mackie or whole pout on a running trace just drop it over the side,ive had bass & also rays trying this,my mate had a whopping bass 13lb 2oz using the same method,also works for the cod in the winter,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bobc said:
talking of floating 2 yrds from edge of rocks,try a side of mackie or whole pout on a running trace just drop it over the side,ive had bass & also rays trying this,my mate had a whopping bass 13lb 2oz using the same method,also works for the cod in the winter,
Food for thought, I caught those fish on the left hand side, just by the rock that goes out at a slight angle! There is also a small just by you as well, I will try and get bait as close as I can there, that is where I caught my 2 bass, and seen a bigger one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts