World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to witches on saturday to fish the late tide with my brother,nephew and neice after about half an hour it was starting to look very dangerous as we were fishing the ledge below the grass bank and the waves were rather large so we called it a day and arranged to do sunday instead .got down the ledges at 4.30 thinking well have the place to ourselves 4 half hour or so but wasnt to be could only get on the ledge below the grass bank waited for the tide to rise and my nephew made his first cast then my bro and so on first bite went to my nephew couple of bangs the he struck felt to heavy for him so my bro took over and up on the surface comes a rather large bass no way could we hand line it up so i held it in place while my bro went round to grab it as he got down to it lifting it up by the line over a small ledge in front of him and hook pulls luckly enough the fish was to knackered to make a quick get away and bro managed to grab it before it did helping him to get up the ledges and thinking to myself jammy b*****d we weighed it and took a photo and relased it it weighed 7lb12oz my nephews biggest fish not bad for an 8-year old fishing was picking up after that with 2 turbot to 1lb another bass of 2lb5oz a few dogs and i lost a conger on the surface all fish came to mackeral,squid and sandeel totals as follows 2 bass 7lb12oz,2lb5oz 2 turbot to a lb 9dogfish and a lost conger ?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Great session, but do be careful on those ledges and be extra careful with youngsters as well as its a potentially dangerous spot with incoming swells!.

Great bass though.......

·
Registered
698 Posts
good sesh, thats a cracking fish for an 8yr old, bet theres some 50yr olds on here that havent had one that size!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts