World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to head for witches today with a few mates gar,james and chris all non forum members the intention was hounds and rays fishing was slow to say the least with only a bite a peice after an hour or so,then the doggies come on the feed only going to chris all on squid,then i got my secret wepon out yes not my toddger lol but live eels and fresh crab i whipped thes on together and casted out after about 20mins tap goes the rod then nothing greate i thought this will be 3 blanks in a row if this continued :bangin:but the blank wasnt to be another tap i thought sod it strike fish on i said to james pop down the ledges and get this fish for me he laughed and said if this is a doggie then i aint gonna live it down:2:i said it aint no doggie what serfaced then was a nice ray gessing the weight i gave 7-8ibs but it may have been more ive asked zed to post the pic as iam a clown and cant do it lol thanx mate this was only the 2nd ray all nite the other about 3ibs and a doggie for james and one for me so it finnished (1 ray for gar) 2 doggies for chris)1 doggie for james) and a ray for me and a doggie)glad to get out and not blank it kills you when you blank and every one else catches :bangin:there wasnt no hounds about there so its looking like next summer for me to target them now never mind winter aint far away bring on the cod( i doubt it lol)tight uns all nudge 08:bye1:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Small eyed.jpg

Here you are lads, Nudge beating his run of blanks with a nice ray :thumbs:

Cod....:crazy::crazy:

Zed

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was probly bigger like you said 8ibs or so maybe ill have to invest in some scales next thanx for the replies:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
great ray mate thats my favourite ray mark there ! throws up some beauty's there

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice catch mate,

can one of you tell where witches point is ??

Only been fishing a few weeks so just trying to find out where all these places are. Also when you use crab do u strip legs / shell etc of fish with it full.

Thanks in advance.

·
C.T.A.C.
650 Posts
Welldone lads and a nice ray there john you jammy git lol.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Nice catch mate,

can one of you tell where witches point is ??

Only been fishing a few weeks so just trying to find out where all these places are. Also when you use crab do u strip legs / shell etc of fish with it full.

Thanks in advance.
southerndown beach ! to left u walk up the long steep mountain and down the other side.... best place is to fish on the point but never fish it alone and on a big s/w wind.... swells - waves will and have taken people off hope this helps
and best tides are the neaps

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
forget crab if u want rays squid and sandeel wraps are deadly there but get the xl eels if u can larger the better

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Well done Matt' (?) i think thats your name, LOL), thats a cracking ray, it does look more than 8lb though mucca,, Tight 'uns.. Marc..:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:sad2:
Well done Matt' (?) i think thats your name, LOL), thats a cracking ray, it does look more than 8lb though mucca,, Tight 'uns.. Marc..:thumbs:
marc what you been on 2day :sad2:the name is john lol thanx for the replies lads:clap2:

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
:sad2:

marc what you been on 2day :sad2:the name is john lol thanx for the replies lads:clap2:
Well i was nearly right,, (they've both got 4 letters) :crazy:

sorry bud', but i get everyones real name muddled up,,

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i was nearly right,, (they've both got 4 letters) :crazy:

sorry bud', but i get everyones real name muddled up,,
thats ok marc it must be your age lol
:oops:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts