World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, just to let you all know that me my dad and Baileys rod were nodding all night long, we got to Withches and were fishing by 6pm and fished until 1.15am right on the point with two other anglers from Mount, from the first cast to the last we pulled doggies in all night but nothing else, It was a nice change as we haven't had much luck recently as it's been crap all over. Anyway the two other anglers also had a small turbot and whiting as they were using really small hooks and really small baits but we were after the Rays.

By the way the dogs were all quite good sized, Bailey had 1 which must have been 3lb or more, I wished I weighed it for him now as it was one of the biggest doggies I have ever seen, (AND NO IT WASN'T A HUSS BEFORE YOU ALL START AS I HAVE BEEN FISHING SINCE I WAS A BOY AND I'M NOW 34)
All in all a really pleasent change

******:) :clap3: :) :clap3:

·
Registered
747 Posts
nice sesh mate. we went down nash ledges. couple of doggies and 2 congers 1 got away thou right on the ledges as we were lifting it in. the other was 6 1/2 pounds. bit scary on those ledges thou in the dark. but a good nite all toll.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
nice one mate, aslong as you catch you dont mind, afterall you've gotta fight threw the dogs to get to the rays. by the way are you sure that big dog wasn't a huss...................just kidding.:giveup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Gibby, I'm going to try the Nash Ledges as I did read your thread the other night and you all did ok, I have fished it years ago but can't remember how to get there, once I find the lighthouse car park is the ledge easy to find. I remember there being high ledges with a huge rock face behind you and the point of the ledge is out to sea and a big cove going in land, when I was there last loose rock was falling away and I **** myself thinking one was going to land on my head.

See you Gibby, ******:)

·
Registered
747 Posts
yeah ledges are easy to find mate. thats right the huge rock face is behind you on the right as you drop down into the cove. didnt have any problems with the rocks falling mate but s**t myself when the tide came right in it cuts you off until it goes back out. all the best mate. forgot to ask aswell mate is that a roamer i hear on the grape vine that mark is giving up sea fishing and taking up coarse fishing????? he spoke to my bro in law down the school and said about it????

·
Registered
182 Posts
Fished The Back Of Witches Sat 10th,had A Bass Of Around 3lb,4 Whiting,2 Dogs And A Pout.had A Huge Run On A Bait Of 4 Sandeel And A Whole Squid,took Load Of Line Running Back And Forth Then Bit Off The 60lb Trace Above The Hook.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Fished The Back Of Witches Sat 10th,had A Bass Of Around 3lb,4 Whiting,2 Dogs And A Pout.had A Huge Run On A Bait Of 4 Sandeel And A Whole Squid,took Load Of Line Running Back And Forth Then Bit Off The 60lb Trace Above The Hook.
nice little sess there m8 proberly a conger took u for a run m8 been a few big fish lost in that area over the last week or so :clap3:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ta For The Reply Daiwint,thinking Of Trying Monknash Sat Night.neverbeen There Before So Should Be Laugh.
That,s The 2nd Time Thats Happened At Whitches Must Try Some Wire.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, he's not giving it up he's having a blast on the trout, we are going to join the Taff and try a bit of Fly fishing as well, we'll always still do the sea as trout fishing after a while can get boring. Thing is if you fancy a dabble after work it just 10 mins and your in the water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts