World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads, wonder if anybody can help here, after yesterdays boat trip was cleaning my Penn 535 and noticed that the rubber knob on the handle has come loose, I cant seem to figure out how to tighten it up, there does not seem to be any obvious. way..... I could always buy another, but all apparently it needs is a tighten , can anybody help ?

The handle itself is fine, just the rubber knob thats loose.

As said, I could always buy a new one , but the only ones I could find are a bit blingy.... and I dont need a power handle anyway,a normal one would do, anybody know where I could get one if the handle cannot be repaired.

Cheers.

Dave

·
Registered
15,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decided to take a look myself at the wobbly bit, I can say with 100 percent certainty that it is not possible to tighten the knob up, the spindle that the knob turns on is made of brass, and pressure fitted to the steel handle, you cannot remove the rubber knob without cutting the brass spindle,what had happened is that over the years the rubber knob had worn where the the brass spindle went through the centre... I will be able to make a replacement spindle as a temporary measure, but methinks a new handle is the order of the day.
The reel must be about 20 years old, and has served me very well,I service all my reels myself, I fitted new bearings and drag washers (again) a bit since, in fact I think that keeping it serviced and clean , it will certainly last at least till I consider myself at an age when I am well past using it.
Just found the manufacturers register sticky at the top..... doh!
...memo to self, seek and ye shall find.
Dave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts