World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
hi mate i just saw your post ive left 1 aswell i was just along from you today i was at bexington and we had 18 mackerel so now after reading your post there deffinatley all along chesil now .good luck for summer tight lines .

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
nice one!
look now how many people seem so surprised!
i seem to catch them on the bottom this time of year. is this how you got em?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
thought so.
in the past i have been whiting fishing and couldnt stop catchin them!
sometimes people dont belive me when i say mackerel are about all year round. and here we are when the sea temps are at thier coldest!
my grandad used to tell me to "never go by the book when it comes to seasons" which alot of people seem to be doing these days

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
well that is great to hear!!! lol

roll on the summer!!

G

·
It was absolutely clear they would show this week - because they have started charging to park at Abbotsbury again!!! I tell you the bloke that owns/operates that car park has a sixth sense!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It was absolutely clear they would show this week - because they have started charging to park at Abbotsbury again!!! I tell you the bloke that owns/operates that car park has a sixth sense!
at least they dont charge you in the winter and west dorset district council even leveled off the carpark. we cant moan at the charges at abbotsbury.
carpark charges in winter are set to rise in weymouth and portland (dont get me started) which also means they'l charge us an arm and a leg to fish the butts even in january! and i dont see the council doing any sort of maintenance on that carpark.

G

·
I'm not moaning just saying its uncanny that they start charging the weekend the mackie show again (in any numbers) - it was an amusing quip (or at least supposed to be)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm not moaning just saying its uncanny that they start charging the weekend the mackie show again (in any numbers) - it was an amusing quip (or at least supposed to be)
didnt say you were having a moan bud, i know you wern't. i just meant we in general cant moan. but we have every right to moan at the butts carpark charges

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i do like me mackerel not been fishing that long have had a few dogfish and even a hermit crab and a little flounder, but got to keep trying, as for the car park yes at the moment its free but like ya say thay seem to no when to charge for it, but last time i payed at burton bradstok it was £2 all day till 9.00 next morning witch is ok when ya on a all nighter any think to get out the house and a way from miss and kids :clap2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts