World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there :)
Been a while since I poked my nose in here, as I have been pursuing other hobbies and interests for a couple of years.
Anyway,I'll get right to the point:

I won a place on board on of the boats at the World Championship Cod Fishing at Svolvær in Lofoten this year. Transport to and from, room and board + entry fees all paid for by the The Norwegian Veterans Association, where I entered a photo contest and won :)

Anyway we'll be a group of 20 veterans going for this, so it will be loads of fun. Just been notified I won it, so the details are not clear yet, but I think we'll be enetred in the tourist class, but who cares :)

So I guess I'll have to get started getting my tackle up to scratch. last year I was out in the boat once, and my shore fishing kit never saw salt water. All my fishing was done UL fishing the lakes for trout.

Well, well, thats it for now. But if anyone here is going, give me a shout :)

Rune,
Your not so tame Norseman :)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Now that sounds like a competition that'd be worth entering with a prize like that! Well done and looking forward to seeing your post in how you did. How far off is the competition?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that sounds like a competition that'd be worth entering with a prize like that! Well done and looking forward to seeing your post in how you did. How far off is the competition?
The competition is set at 28-29th of Marc h so it's a while off still.

I'll be bringing both a goPro and a dSLR cam so there wull be pics. :clap:

·
Registered
852 Posts
The competition is set at 28-29th of Marc h so it's a while off still.

I'll be bringing both a goPro and a dSLR cam so there wull be pics. :clap:
Hi Norseman

Sounds like a great competition, good luck. Make sure you take some BIG BOB lures with you…… i use those in Soroya in March and have caught Cod to 89lb's…… and i believe that is what the World record was caught on

Blue Glamour in 720g is my personal favourite

Cant wait to see the results and pictures

Good luck :fishing:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tanks fro the tip. We'll see if I can splash out on some new stuff, but I have plenty of shads that work. Just need some Norway pirks and gummimakk to complement it.
I am going back to school in the fall so money is tighter than ever. Would not be going on this if I did not win a free trip :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.