World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not after areas where the worms are as I can understand no one wanting to share in case the commercial guys come in and strip the beds. What I would like to know is exactly how do you dog and / or pump for worms, what should I look for to identify where they are and how deep can I expect them to be.... from anecdotal evidence (Dad) I always thought they were too deep unless you had arms like Hercules and could dig faster than a Chilean miner after a decent curry.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Im not after areas where the worms are as I can understand no one wanting to share in case the commercial guys come in and strip the beds. What I would like to know is exactly how do you dog and / or pump for worms, what should I look for to identify where they are and how deep can I expect them to be.... from anecdotal evidence (Dad) I always thought they were too deep unless you had arms like Hercules and could dig faster than a Chilean miner after a decent curry.

.http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...810.0j1j1j1j1j1.5.0...0.0...1ac.1.C8OD-UtcFsE

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, should have thought of youtube

·
Registered
307 Posts

Look for areas with a sand/mud & shingle mix, the worms can't burrow so deep where there's shingle.

In my opinion there's little point digging in soft clay, it takes double the effort to dig and there's always a chance of getting trapped.

·
Registered
238 Posts
dyffrynangler, if you do a search on this forum you'll find lots of threads and all the information you will ever need on digging black lug, blow lug, rag, white rag. There's a lot of it. There will not be too many people wishing to type all that out again. Finding and digging worms is not as straightforward as it may at first seem. But it's not too complicated either, just a matter of grasping a few basics. Happy searching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.