World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished at secret spot 28

The water was,

A weedy n rocky area, thought maybe some fish might be hiding nearby.

Some were there,

They were hungry,(eating both hooks)

Some by the rocks,

Some by the weeds,

The tide is fast on the big tides down there!!

But the fish sometimes put in a appearance on the start of the flood on big tides (if the crabs dont get there first)

But when the tides

its time for me to go and think of which secret spot to go to next.

Where do ya reckon Bluester?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Well done topnot nice sesh and pics:clap3:,when you go with blue get him to try those spoons,they aint ornaments.Aj.:crazy::fishing1::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
good work stu.
fished SS-13 yesterday,acting as ghillie to a 10 and 12yr old...the seagulls on bassets ridge had more fish!.i swear i saw a herring gull on the other bank with a near 2lb fluke,another gull was in on the action too with one smaller.they grabbed them from the shore line,then pecked the koof out of them..

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
is it north or south coast , looks barnstaple area to me , looking at the headland :g:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Well done topnot nice sesh and pics:clap3:,when you go with blue get him to try those spoons,they aint ornaments.Aj.:crazy::fishing1::thumbs:
there going out tomorrow a.j!
waters clearish so hopefully the secret pub spot can show some fishies for me on the spinner as well as the ledger rod.:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well what did you catch mate....... im down there next week :secret:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Whats the tide like for this wed coming topnot (16th). Is it ok to fish 4 the flounder on this day and tide . Cheers m8 .

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whats the tide like for this wed coming topnot (16th). Is it ok to fish 4 the flounder on this day and tide . Cheers m8 .
Its an 8.2 metre tide in the morning at 4.43 a.m. and 8.8 metre in the afternoon at 5.06pm (Ilfracombe tide table).

Might be a bit too big a tide to fish the flood for very long.

The ebb tide and low tide might show some fish though. You might need to move about a bit to find some fish hiding in the deeper parts of the channels over low tide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts