World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fished Wormit pier 11:15 to 18:30,Tide LT=12:13 HT=18:32,Bait makie,bluey,Small sandeel,rag,lug. Weather sunny,warm windy strong gusts at times.

I was meant to be joined by another mate but turned out he was to ill to make it. So out with the first cast and returned a flounder on each rod good start, this followed 10 minutes later by another flounder. These were quickly followed by another few flounders including a duo of flounder. Then i got a slack line which i thought was just the wind having an effect on it but when i tightened it up suddenly felt something making a dash up river. This turned out to be a nice sea trout my first for a while so i was pleased with that. Another flounder and another duo was followed by another slack liner another fish fancied a trip up river yes another sea trout. I seen it jump out the water, not a big looking fish but still a catch or so i thought. I managed to get it all the way into the pier lifted it out the water the bang it dropped of a matter of an inch from the pier. If it had fell the other way it would have been on the pier but nope, that's fishing for you. I managed another few flounder after this and also managed to loose my baseball cap in the process wrong type of thing to wear in that wind.Nearly all fish were caught on mackie the worms never played a big part today and sandeel never done anything either. For a while had a problem with weed that small gripping the line stuff but this was muddy a pain to remove.

So it was a good wee sesh with plenty fish. I was making video of this trip not made any easier with the wind constant with gusts which nearly seen me loose my camera in the Tay so i emptied bait out bucket filled it with water and hung on the bottom of tripod that done the job. My rods went over a couple of times with no damage to rods but will have to straighten out the rest a got a couple of bends where the rods rest on the head. I had intended to try the float but with that wind it wasn't an easy thing to do so just stuck to the beachcasters.
So total catch....Flounder 19,Sea trout 1, along with a few crabs. Video to follow.

tn_GEDC0234.JPG

My first flounder of sesh.

tn_GEDC0260.JPG

A duo of flounders.

tn_GEDC0265.JPG

My one and only landed sea trout.
tn_GEDC0275.JPG

Another duo of flounder.
tn_GEDC0291.JPG

Another small flattie.
See video here

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Cracking wee sesh there, bud!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just watched the video & going to watch your others as I will be working in Tay area soon. Very useful, cheers. BTW I have been using the trabucco tapered lines 70lb - 15lb to avoid that weed aggravation in the leader knot/tip eye. Works great but bit of a heartache if you snag it and lose the lot as they're not cheap!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guid sesh Mike and guid piccies cheeers the noo
Thanks John.

Just watched the video & going to watch your others as I will be working in Tay area soon. Very useful, cheers. BTW I have been using the trabucco tapered lines 70lb - 15lb to avoid that weed aggravation in the leader knot/tip eye. Works great but bit of a heartache if you snag it and lose the lot as they're not cheap!
Glad to hear you like the videos, like most things if it's good it's expensive lol.

Nice one mate.
Thanks Shorecaster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts