World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the weather did what it said it was going to do, so myself, Manx and Chris England went down to worms head today for the first time. Got down to Rhosilli for 5:50am and onto the worm for 6:30. The walk wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Tried some lure fishing in the gulleys and some sand eel and crab on a float. But didn't have a bite. We then gave some feathers a bash. I pulled in 6 mackerel, Manx 2 and Chris none. All mackerel were of a very good size. Tried the float again after but still nothing. A good day had and most of us beat the blank:victory: in what has got to one of the most stunning places around. Also can't believe how fast the causeway floods. Frightening!
Once again thanks to the people for the advice given:thumbs::notworthy
Can't wait to go back there again!

SANCHEZ :thumbs:

·
Registered
14,444 Posts
I'm very glad everything worked out for you , it was a shame the better fish didn't want to play but at least you have seen it for yourself and will be able to safely plan and execute more sessions down there. I envy your youth if you didn't find the walk as bad as you thought it might be.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Leaving the car in the car park by the Worms Head Hotel, carrying a heavy bergen with food, water, sleeping bag, spare clothing, rods, rest, weights, spare reel etc & a bucket of softies/peelers, from the car out to the Worm!
I dont think much of the idea now either, come to think of it!:nono:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi With you there Blue Skip..never crosses my mind either. well...it does then the idea of crossing those "tombstones" on the Worm soon banishes any thought of venturing over.

Best left to the young 'uns methinks!

Remember to pack the Tramadol!!:headhurt:

Cheers for now

·
Registered
14,444 Posts
Leaving the car in the car park by the Worms Head Hotel, carrying a heavy bergen with food, water, sleeping bag, spare clothing, rods, rest, weights, spare reel etc & a bucket of softies/peelers, from the car out to the Worm!
I think we would need a couple of Sherpas to get all the gear down there these days Vic?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Haha guess that's why you own a boat now mate yeh?

By the time the causeway was walk-able again after high tide there was at least 10 fishermen ready to hit the head with rods at the ready
and god knows how many tourists/walkers with cameras at the ready,
was like a wave of people legging it over at once

A really nice, calm peaceful place to fish, rite here at south wales! Grate stuff!
Shame about the lack of fish though hehe :)

Tight lines
Manx

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
The 8th, 9th, 10th visits start to pay off, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink;)
After you have explored the various parts of the Worm for likely spots, which fish well, at certain times of the tide, in certain weather conditions & you start getting some success from your efforts you will have some on here who will slag you off for refusing to tell them "exactly where? exactly when? using exactly what?" mark my words, & you will feel that maybe they should take a leaf out of your book.
Good luck to you, you deserve to get rewarded for your efforts & you have approached the safety aspects properly as well, one tip, stay on the south side during daylight hours, fish the weedy bays (not the gulleys) at low water, & you dont need to cross the "needles" to find fish;)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Well the weather did what it said it was going to do, so myself, Manx and Chris England went down to worms head today for the first time. Got down to Rhosilli for 5:50am and onto the worm for 6:30. The walk wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Tried some lure fishing in the gulleys and some sand eel and crab on a float. But didn't have a bite. We then gave some feathers a bash. I pulled in 6 mackerel, Manx 2 and Chris none. All mackerel were of a very good size. Tried the float again after but still nothing. A good day had and most of us beat the blank:victory: in what has got to one of the most stunning places around. Also can't believe how fast the causeway floods. Frightening!
Once again thanks to the people for the advice given:thumbs::notworthy
Can't wait to go back there again!

SANCHEZ :thumbs:
Try ground baiting, especially when fishing close in or on the float. Very effective for Gower rock marks I find.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 8th, 9th, 10th visits start to pay off, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink;)
After you have explored the various parts of the Worm for likely spots, which fish well, at certain times of the tide, in certain weather conditions & you start getting some success from your efforts you will have some on here who will slag you off for refusing to tell them "exactly where? exactly when? using exactly what?" mark my words, & you will feel that maybe they should take a leaf out of your book.
Good luck to you, you deserve to get rewarded for your efforts & you have approached the safety aspects properly as well, one tip, stay on the south side during daylight hours, fish the weedy bays (not the gulleys) at low water, & you dont need to cross the "needles" to find fish;)
Cheers skip:thumbs: shall keep that in mind for next time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts