World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Team Hr jones
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me about these worms from dragon baits,ive been told they r imported or dutch lug they seem very plentyfull always in stock and ive only caught scholies on them r they different from blow lug i feel much more confident using blows cheers:idea:

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
can anyone tell me about these worms from dragon baits,ive been told they r imported or dutch lug they seem very plentyfull always in stock and ive only caught scholies on them r they different from blow lug i feel much more confident using blows cheers:idea:
Hi wyting i think i am going to up set a few on here mate sorry lads but i think the inported suff is total crap i cant use it seen loads off anglers useing it on the beach they have come up to me asking y i am haveing fish and there not had a look at there bait and its that farm crap my mates have used it and said never again will they fish without the good dug worms sorry to those i have up set tight lines

·
Team Hr jones
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi wyting i think i am going to up set a few on here mate sorry lads but i think the inported suff is total crap i cant use it seen loads off anglers useing it on the beach they have come up to me asking y i am haveing fish and there not had a look at there bait and its that farm crap my mates have used it and said never again will they fish without the good dug worms sorry to those i have up set tight lines
chears lads im tending to think think the same no confidence at all

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
I've used farmed ragworm with excellent results rockling old bean, but you're dead right about the dutch lug it's water with brown skin around it and I've never caught a fish on the stuff, although somebody will come on and tell you it's the best thing since beer flavoured ice cream no doubt. :)

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I've used farmed ragworm with excellent results rockling old bean, but you're dead right about the dutch lug it's water with brown skin around it and I've never caught a fish on the stuff, although somebody will come on and tell you it's the best thing since beer flavoured ice cream no doubt. :)
Hi rob yes you wil be right there mate he he see you soon i am off two west wales soon tight lines

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
my opinion this is what i think my self i will never use farmed or imported worm the only worm i will use is freshly dug.TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I have used the dutch lug many times and I have caught a fair few codling and whiting on it. It does seem very watery though and you do need to use about 6 for a bait, but it does work. Having said that, I'd prefer to use fresh dug welsh lug if possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
most of the shops in south wales get their rag from dragon bait so we are useing it unless you get it your self, but the lug is rubish, but ive had loads of fish on it but its not as good as local bait

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
most of the shops in south wales get their rag from dragon bait so we are useing it unless you get it your self, but the lug is rubish, but ive had loads of fish on it but its not as good as local bait
Most of the shops have it because it last longer than the good old dug worm gave me freash any time not that inported sh1t tight lines

·
Registered
82 Posts
Most of the shops have it because it last longer than the good old dug worm gave me freash any time not that inported sh1t tight lines
Agree with Rockling, you cant beat freshly dug worm, the farmed worms typically have more water content, so you need to use more to get the same amount of scent out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts