World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , was wandering what peoples individual worse bits of tackle on the market are and what to avoid ? , for me it has to be wsb hooks , i never seem to hook into anything using them ...

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
Abu mag hi speed. Made of cheese.

sent from my new GT I9100 As some little scumbag robbed my last one

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
I third that, hate the things, I've got big hands and really can't get on with them, not a decent fishing hook atall
I'd rather use something with a long shank like a kamasan

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
penn surfmaster 850, PPT jetstream, penn craptiva.
8ft lure rods.
Teklon marine line.
grauvell HM surf.
salt xds Fixed spool (free) tidemaster fixed spool (free)
all pretied rigs, just rubish.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
have never ever bought any but THE single worst thing on this earth must be rod bells... i despise them with a passion!!!
the worst thing i have ever purchaced though must be Fox pully beads... trinidad reels are a close second though!
Ross

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tronix stuff been mentioned several times .. makes me wander why total sea fishing magazine want to give there stuff away when a yearly subscription is taken out .??

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
love zip sliders !! use and re-use all the time ,especially for close range bassing (beach) and tope fishing(boat) never had a problem with them ,,fox pully beads !! never had a prob with them either ,,baitholder hooks !! i use and have been using the mustad green cod hooks for years with no problem (i assume if they have barbs on the shank this is a baitholder lol?) lip hooked 11lb cod in fast pulling tide didnt straighten 1 after 10 minute fight :),,penn surfmasters agree they just fall apart ..i think however you do get bad batches of things ,,most threads are just an opinion tho and this is my opinion ,,ps worst piece of tackle probably breakaway canon thumb thing for casting fixed spool reels ,,,just my opinion

1 - 20 of 196 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.