World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have been fishing the Ferring Rife beach for a few years with reasonable success, especially with school bass. I wonder if anyone has any other suggestions about where the beach fishing is worth trying in the Sussex area, but particularly around Worthing? What tide times, what baits etc. I usually fish 2hrs before and 1hour after, regular lug/slipper cocktail baits with two hook flapper rigs. Between 40 and 80 metres.

I did go fishing yesterday and blanked though!

Any help or advice appreciated

·
Registered
33 Posts
bass should now start to appear..better when weed starts to grow..always fish worthing beach from Brooklands through to Plantation Goring...always caught them on fresh dug local lug. Need the wind in the west and try and hit just beyond the third breaker. I try and find a clean beach with little or no weed. If to much weed we go over to Shoreham beach again only using worthing dug fresh lug. Usually use one hook above and one below the weight. Have tried all different colour beads but found yellow and white ones outfish other colours. Hope to go fishing middle of next week depending on the wind direction. Hope this helps. What and when do you fish

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the advice, I have fished on and off for a number of years but have to admit that my knowledge of beach fishing is limited. I used to fish Worthing pier but found it pretty pointless most of the time( probably more to do with me than the pier!). The Ferring area was a recommendation from an angler I met. I tend to fish from one to three groynes to the west of the stream outfall around high tides and have had up to 5 bass in a two hour session, one of which, nudged 4 pounds, so I'm reluctant to try new grounds and I hope that this forum will help persuade me to try spots other than my favourites.
My fishing at present is usually when I'm available and dependant on the high tide times. I've also noticed that next week has some very high high tides and will have a go then, Tues or Wed probably. I would like to fish evening and night tides more than I have and will need to do this as more visitors hit the beaches during the day. I have also fished Shoreham Harbour Arm with some sucess.
I will try your suggested bead combinations and also keep an eye for the weed growth.

Thanks again for your comments.

sunfish

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Thanks very much for the advice, I have fished on and off for a number of years but have to admit that my knowledge of beach fishing is limited. I used to fish Worthing pier but found it pretty pointless most of the time( probably more to do with me than the pier!). The Ferring area was a recommendation from an angler I met. I tend to fish from one to three groynes to the west of the stream outfall around high tides and have had up to 5 bass in a two hour session, one of which, nudged 4 pounds, so I'm reluctant to try new grounds and I hope that this forum will help persuade me to try spots other than my favourites.
My fishing at present is usually when I'm available and dependant on the high tide times. I've also noticed that next week has some very high high tides and will have a go then, Tues or Wed probably. I would like to fish evening and night tides more than I have and will need to do this as more visitors hit the beaches during the day. I have also fished Shoreham Harbour Arm with some sucess.
I will try your suggested bead combinations and also keep an eye for the weed growth.

Thanks again for your comments.

sunfish
Full of rocks there now ,the sand has shifted:secret:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just noticed my error. I should have said one to three groynes to the East not West. The logic is that literal drift shoves the fresh water from the rife towards the East and the fish will be looking for any bits and pieces being pushed along the shore fairly close in, at least thats the idea. Also within these three groynes to the East there are some big patches of open clean ground, reducing the risk to tackle. I am planning another trip this week to see if any of those early bass are around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts