World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Tuesday 22nd high tide at 1630hrs wind started NE and went round as tide coming in to SW. Started as sea was about half way in..three of us fishing..all with fresh dug lug worm. Few small bites..then when half way up the beach...brothers friend had what I would say was the rod bending almost over and touching the stones. He eventually managed to pull in what we thought first looked like a big white plastic bag..no it was not but a just over 2 lb Flounder. Very nice fish indeed. He had already caught a few much much smaller ones. Then once we had got over that my brothers rod done almost the same thing except it was what we would say was in quickness was very very quick big bites. He could not move it...so it was walk up the beach..walk down and wind in...he done this a few times and would you believe he had the largest eel we had ever seen from the beach. We got it half way up the stones and guess what he seemed to look at us..spit the hook out...and he was back in that water before we could catch him. This is true I said I must be next...true to my word...my rod started to knock and they got bigger. I ran got the rod out the stand and just stood there. It was banging away like a goodone...I eased the drag and it started to take line..banging away still and after a few minutes with the rod almost coming out of my hands...bang went the line. I had a new reel, 20 lb line...new traces with smallish hooks with 4 oz grappel lead. It felt like a bass the way it was banging away...I will never know. We still all had a good day..nice weather...but I will keep going back till I catch that big one. The lug was easy to dig and best as the tide is coming in. Hope to have another go the end of next week. regards Barrie ps only caught one small bass between us:g:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
nice one mate! live down mill road so will have to take a walk when i get time!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
defo mate! its on my doorstep and looks like the dredded weed isnt with us just yet! worthing? wort is old english for weed, and inge is old saxon for peaple hence the name worthing , weed peaple ;-]
due to the amount of weed we have always got!
think pork bolter is another name for us worthingers due to superstisious
fishermen having a fear of pigs, if they saw one they would avoid eye contact infear of it cursing the boat they were about to bourd
but wot the crap has that to do with a fishing session sorry!

just some random useless facts for ya lol
anyway yeah always up for a fishing mission if im off work and i promise i
wont go on about dozy usless bits of history!
some nice flattys have been landed lately so could be a goer
also a chance at a decent bass!
welcome to pm bud

1 - 4 of 4 Posts