World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
im not fishin this one ernie as there is not much about exept gar and a few flounder.
im fishing the beach tonight and tomorrow instead

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
im not fishin this one ernie as there is not much about exept gar and a few flounder.
im fishing the beach tonight and tomorrow instead
Jamie was right, he said you wouldnt fish against him for money :)

Surely if you go on the beach there will be even less fish as there wont be no gars except on pier.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well done berty dont lisson to that schuey he only wants your money!!

he has got dollar signs in his eyes lol

:) :) ££££££££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$££££££££££££££££

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Are the gars still playing ?

Mr carey :spiteful: will be re-investing some of his winnings from the adur match last night,2nd was endpeg.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Are the gars still playing ?

Mr carey :spiteful: will be re-investing some of his winnings from the adur match last night,2nd was endpeg.
Dont think Mr fairy is fishing tonight is he ? Or is He :g: Normally he cant fish two days on the trot as he complains "he's all fished out" - whatever that means :blink:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Dont think Mr fairy is fishing tonight is he ? Or is He :g: Normally he cant fish two days on the trot as he complains "he's all fished out" - whatever that means :blink:
My mistake possibly ! I presumed he would be fishing as he`s a bloody vulture .
Thought all fished out usually means "i blanked"and can`t take no more pain.:unsure:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Did Peroxide Bond finish in the money ? What about everyones friend Mr Robinson :nerd: :blahblah:
Did not hear mr bonds name mentioned in the offenders line up,final podium position was occupied by robbo,but due to a low turnout he did announce before the match that he was only paying out on top 2 as would not be worth it otherwise.Believe(but unconfirmed)carey had best flat 39cm flounder,crackers had best round 2lbplus eel.:clap3:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Did not hear mr bonds name mentioned in the offenders line up,final podium position was occupied by robbo,but due to a low turnout he did announce before the match that he was only paying out on top 2 as would not be worth it otherwise.Believe(but unconfirmed)carey had best flat 39cm flounder,crackers had best round 2lbplus eel.:clap3:
Pugs & I are fishing the Adur tonight. Do you know what the top weights were? Any Bass show?

Sorry but this means I will not be making a donation to the Worthing funds this week.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Pugs & I are fishing the Adur tonight. Do you know what the top weights were? Any Bass show?

Sorry but this means I will not be making a donation to the Worthing funds this week.
EX Penn sea league chump won and had 3 flounders, 4 eels and 3 bass. was a catch and release match so the bass were probably smallish so measured and released.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Well an early bath for me! Drew number one and chose to go for gars off the head. Got one, lost two but was comprehensively thrashed by Sussex Schumacher fishing alongside me. I suspect he took the money tonight. Went inshore for flatties convinced the gars had gone - I was wrong and I heard they continued coming up into darkness. Meanwhile I had a flounder that was just sizeable at 26cm. Things went very slow for me after that so when I had an inexplicable crack-off twenty minutes from the end decided to call it a night and not bother to weigh in. Flounder went back alive. Gar into freezer for bait.

At least I had a couple of sizeable fish. No doubt someone will post the results a bit later on.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Well an early bath for me! Drew number one and chose to go for gars off the head. Got one, lost two but was comprehensively thrashed by Sussex Schumacher fishing alongside me. I suspect he took the money tonight. Went inshore for flatties convinced the gars had gone - I was wrong and I heard they continued coming up into darkness. Meanwhile I had a flounder that was just sizeable at 26cm. Things went very slow for me after that so when I had an inexplicable crack-off twenty minutes from the end decided to call it a night and not bother to weigh in. Flounder went back alive. Gar into freezer for bait.

At least I had a couple of sizeable fish. No doubt someone will post the results a bit later on.
"Inexplicable crackoff"?

Overhead casting from pier deck? :uhuh:

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
"Inexplicable crackoff"?

Hehe!! Even better, Mr D. D. I can verify that said crack off was from underarm powercasting!! I also retired for the "early bath" as I kind of cocked up by bottling it and walking away from the gar spots to hammer the flounders before everyone else, as the gar OBVIOUSLY :wallbash: werent going to show. And all I got for my efforts was a Turbot. Full write up plus photos, including one of Ernie Eels with a Bass, plus the Turbot, on my site, Diary - April - 13th.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
"Inexplicable crackoff"?

No, DSD - I never overhead cast from the pier deck :nono: It wasn't even an underarm powercast as Fishyrob kindly describes it. I simply went to lob two painstakingly prepared juicy fresh crab baits about thirty yards and for reasons that completely escape me the line fluffed up and snapped at the reel. :doh: I don't think I've had a birdsnest underarm casting since I was about 14 so this got me pretty miffed! So I packed up in a strop.:cry:

First task today is to strip all remaining line off the reel, give it a good service and reload fresh line.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
No, DSD - I never overhead cast from the pier deck :nono: It wasn't even an underarm powercast as Fishyrob kindly describes it. I simply went to lob two painstakingly prepared juicy fresh crab baits about thirty yards and for reasons that completely escape me the line fluffed up and snapped at the reel. :doh: I don't think I've had a birdsnest underarm casting since I was about 14 so this got me pretty miffed! So I packed up in a strop.:cry:

First task today is to strip all remaining line off the reel, give it a good service and reload fresh line.
I'll bet David went down to look for your lost rig:sad2: :sad2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts