World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is the favourite to win the match tonight?
i would cast out some crab and go for a smoothy (if i could cast far enough) lol
what is the match size for a smoothy ?

:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
who is the favourite to win the match tonight?
i would cast out some crab and go for a smoothy (if i could cast far enough) lol
what is the match size for a smoothy ?

:) :) :) :)
Schuey is favourite. He will probably win it! Dozen dogs will be needed I reckon, but anything could happen! :)

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Good call DSD - though it might be a bit more of a lottery if the landing stage remains closed.

Got to decide whether to fish near Schuey cause he always knows where the fish are or whether to head off elsewhere cause his constant champions league jibes will prove too much to endure. Not to mention the fact that he and I can fish ten feet apart using pretty much identical tactics and he'll pull out twice my tally of fish the git!:giveup: :schmoll: :blink:

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Good call DSD - though it might be a bit more of a lottery if the landing stage remains closed.

Got to decide whether to fish near Schuey cause he always knows where the fish are or whether to head off elsewhere cause his constant champions league jibes will prove too much to endure. Not to mention the fact that he and I can fish ten feet apart using pretty much identical tactics and he'll pull out twice my tally of fish the git!:giveup: :schmoll: :blink:
Think the Happyshopkeeper or EX Penn Sea League Chump will win. Then again the Happyshopkeepers faithful assistant will be fishing and may win again :blink: Small chance the Highwayman may make a guest appearance with a rod :g: Forgot about the Champions League result :laugh: Will try not to remind you tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much about it :)

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Just been for a quick chat with the local bookie to get his prices on this evenings
match.......(based on landing stage being closed )....

7/4 schumacher,happy shop keeper.
9/4 colin (he said fishing between the posts could bring back traumatic flashbacks ).
5/2 ray (for his previous win ).
7/2 fishyrob (said he had to slash his price due to knew found self belief in the ability to catch lots of dogs ).
5/1-6/1 mark s (drifting due to earlier postings of indecision ).
No price as yet on the Highwayman as he's a possible non runner.
7/1 Bar......

Tried to get a few quid on the flatty pool but he laughed me out of the shop ("Thats a given "he said)......:secret:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Just been for a quick chat with the local bookie to get his prices on this evenings
match.......(based on landing stage being closed )....

7/4 schumacher,happy shop keeper.
9/4 colin (he said fishing between the posts could bring back traumatic flashbacks ).
5/2 ray (for his previous win ).
7/2 fishyrob (said he had to slash his price due to knew found self belief in the ability to catch lots of dogs ).
5/1-6/1 mark s (drifting due to earlier postings of indecision ).
No price as yet on the Highwayman as he's a possible non runner.
7/1 Bar......

Tried to get a few quid on the flatty pool but he laughed me out of the shop ("Thats a given "he said)......:secret:
Ramsey 9/4 (always handy on the pier).
Ryan 7/2 (unknown quantity ).
One up one down 4/1 (schumachers understudy and expected to come good soon)
Monty 6/1 (sometimes forgets to bring a fishing rod ).
Stubbs 8/1 (likely to be colouring in pictures on his head or reading what poo
magazine ).
Billy b 10/1 (wont catch much on black lug ).:)

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Having just been and bought a new box off the Happyshopkeeper, my odds should be longer than that because I'll be too busy trying to find stuff. And when I'm not looking for stuff I'll be so busy enjoying sitting on it that I'll forget to watch my rod.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
well done one up one down thats a lot of dogs in 4hours
The majority of dogs came in the first two hours. Ex penn chump had 17 in the first two hours , only one bite in last two hours. If the match had been fished two hours either side of high instead of 30mins up 3hrs 30mins down the winning total would probably have been 30+ .

·
Registered
685 Posts
thats a dog bash extraodinaire!

congrats to one up one down!

was the lower deck open then, i'm guessing it was for those sorts of numbers to have shown up!

I take it Mark_S was too busy searching his new tackle box and searching for Rockling to make the points then???:g:

·
Registered
5,565 Posts

was the lower deck open then, i'm guessing it was for those sorts of numbers to have shown up!

I take it Mark_S was too busy searching his new tackle box and searching for Rockling to make the points then???:g:
The club asked the Beach Office to open the jetty, dont know if its still open as its even windier here today.

Mark had about half a dozen up top deck by cafe ?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Fishy rob said sorry he was unable to make the match last night, He was stuck in trafic for about 4 hours and did not get to brighton till 7;30 pm and felt that most of the fish was going to get cought in the first hour of the match and as he would have missed this prime time it was not worth him parting with any money as by the time he had gave mark-s hes dvices he would have been £30 down
Mark, he said sorry he was not there but you will get your prize at the next match or pm him your adress,
robs at pagham today useing he unused bait hes had a small dog and a small pup.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
One Up One Down got his first Pier win of the year and caught 20 dogfish for 27lb. EX Penn Sea League Chump had 17, including one of 2lb 6oz, Bad Back Boyling had 17, I had 19 in total, (1 undersized), Ray had 18 or 19, Steve had 17 and a big pout.
Well done one up (gave it to em doggy fashion ).
And beat schuey and the chump too..........sweet.......:clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts

Mark_S was the one and only wussy among the intrepid matchmen, all of whom fished the stage. The weather was vile and I wasn't really waterproofed enough for the landing stage because I had been convinced it would be shut. So I decided that it was worth a go up the top deck in the hope of eels and flounders. Had 5 dogs in first thirty minutes, then a baby smoothhound, then two more dogs about 2 hours in, just as the Happyshopkeeper was ambling past on his way home having forgotten his headlamp. Got to the weigh in and took one look at the massive numbers caught off the stage so slung mine over the side without troubling the scales.

Am now going to get some better wet weather gear and come the next time its horrible I'll not have any excuse to wimp out from the stage... Learning all the time from these fellows - been fishing in my comfort zone for many years and I need to put in that bit of extra effort if I'm going to be competitive. I'll get there though - the challenge is pretty enjoyable.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Fishy rob said sorry he was unable to make the match last night, He was stuck in trafic for about 4 hours and did not get to brighton till 7;30 pm and felt that most of the fish was going to get cought in the first hour of the match and as he would have missed this prime time it was not worth him parting with any money as by the time he had gave mark-s hes dvices he would have been £30 down
Mark, he said sorry he was not there but you will get your prize at the next match or pm him your adress,
robs at pagham today useing he unused bait hes had a small dog and a small pup.
Thanks Stu - tell Rob no worries about the prize. As and when our paths next cross will be fine! Next match is 26th May, I believe.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Thanks Stu - tell Rob no worries about the prize. As and when our paths next cross will be fine! Next match is 26th May, I believe.
Cool...... Cos I am out of the country tomorow night, back on the 24th.
All the way down on my nightmare journey, I had the feeling that something was stopping me from getting to that match. And now I realise that it was the Dogfish god realising the carnage I would have inflicted had I made it......... In reality, I would have probably wussed and fished up top as well, cos that boat deck gets pretty hairy when those white rollers come bursting in on it. I want to have a long and happy fishing life!! Well done though guys. Typical the first one I miss is the first one that really fishes!
Pagham was so so. I had three dogs, two hounds and two eels (well one, and one on a crackoff that Lee reeled in some hours later, eel attached!) Didnt see a single fish caught elsewhere until dark, when a few dogs started to show again. Will update diary late. Shower to fix now.....:schmoll:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ramsey 9/4 (always handy on the pier).
Ryan 7/2 (unknown quantity ).
One up one down 4/1 (schumachers understudy and expected to come good soon)
Monty 6/1 (sometimes forgets to bring a fishing rod ).
Stubbs 8/1 (likely to be colouring in pictures on his head or reading what poo
magazine ).
Billy b 10/1 (wont catch much on black lug ).:)
I mean 4/1 not 8/s... hot wad.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts