World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Worthing Pier Match 26th April

2K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Sussex Schumacher 
#1 ·
Worthing have their next match on the pier this thursday, 7pm till 11pm if anyone is intrested ?

£10 to enter. :)

#3 ·
whats the likely catch return this time Schuie???

i've got the day off, just weighing up whether i have the tenner to give you!:notworthy
Dont know to be totally honest, water is starting to colour up slightly. If theres any colour maybe dogs, if not flounders and garfish.

Andy as your too far inland look at the web cam before hand and see if the conditions help make your mind up .... :)

http://seaspritesports.com/weather-cams-stream.php

#4 ·
Gonna be a bit gusty from the N/NE tonight and tomorrow then ease off by around 6pm. Since the tide and the conditions will be just about perfect for fishing, I would not be surprised if Schuey caught mullet and flounders on mackerel strip off the head followed by gars and dogs on reds and crab off the top deck. My plan is to get down early and see whether any of those Climping mullet have ambled eastwards and are playing around in the shallows. Just so I have an idea of what I'm trying for while blanking!

#5 ·
Gonna be a bit gusty from the N/NE tonight and tomorrow then ease off by around 6pm. Since the tide and the conditions will be just about perfect for fishing, I would not be surprised if Schuey caught mullet and flounders on mackerel strip off the head followed by gars and dogs on reds and crab off the top deck. My plan is to get down early and see whether any of those Climping mullet have ambled eastwards and are playing around in the shallows. Just so I have an idea of what I'm trying for while blanking!
The Happyshopkeeper is match favourite - expect One Up One Down is planning something crafty :unsure: He was down there yesterday trying something out :blink: Water did look slightly coloured for gars earlier

#6 ·
sneaky!!!

nearly went round to brighton early and sorted bait and then looked at my bank balance and cried a tear before deciding i might have more hope at winning on wii fishing than at Worthing!!

left sorting bait etc a little late so going to console myself with a beer down the pub and try and get out for a session in the week or perhaps tomorrow evening if anyone can come up with good ideas for a new species off the list that's longer than 10in and has a BR over 9oz failing that i'll quite happily have a go at one under those prerequisites as well!!!!

#7 ·
sneaky!!!

nearly went round to brighton early and sorted bait and then looked at my bank balance and cried a tear before deciding i might have more hope at winning on wii fishing than at Worthing!!

left sorting bait etc a little late so going to console myself with a beer down the pub and try and get out for a session in the week or perhaps tomorrow evening if anyone can come up with good ideas for a new species off the list that's longer than 10in and has a BR over 9oz failing that i'll quite happily have a go at one under those prerequisites as well!!!!
Schumacher (crab trap raider )will be disappointed if you do not attend this evenings pier match,he may even issue a profits warning as today is supposed to be payday.:)

#13 ·
If One Up doesn't, I will! Though maybe if he's as confident as Schuey claims I should be following One Up. Whoever I trail after I am supremely confident that I will be a tenner lighter come 11pm tonight...
Have heard rumours One Up One Down has been down there fishing the last 5 days on both tides doing research. He told me that the only problem he may have is not having a big enough bucket :)

Have been told by the match organiser any mention of football will lead to automatic disqualification from the match :thumbs:

#20 ·
I'm a blanker, I'm a blanker....... But Schuey........ He was on fire........ And the Happy Shopkeeper....... Gave an outstanding display on "How to catch different species of crabs on the same hook snood" to a couple of local future hopefulls........ I'll let Shuey do the stats. Its his hobby you know....... :)
We know all about schumachers hobbies,
Match stats,intricate groyne rubbings,pressed seaweed cuttings and an annual variable depth lugworm bar graph to name but a few.:bleh:

Did he win ?

#22 ·
We know all about schumachers hobbies,
Match stats,intricate groyne rubbings,pressed seaweed cuttings and an annual variable depth lugworm bar graph to name but a few.:bleh:

Did he win ?
He was 2nd in his section on fish and crabs:schmoll: :schmoll: ..........I heard Fishy's improving ......he had the best bite...yet again The Happyshopkeeper had the heaviest flat 1lb 12oz:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

#25 ·
He was 2nd in his section on fish and crabs:schmoll: :schmoll: ..........I heard Fishy's improving ......he had the best bite...yet again The Happyshopkeeper had the heaviest flat 1lb 12oz:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Dont seem to remember the Happy shopkeeper catching a big flounder........ Did see a small craft very close to the pier directly in front of him....... Is Highwayman doing deliveries now........?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.